against masty users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

riordan_85

WiiChat Member
Apr 12, 2011
Quad Cities, IA
i hear all the time about people using masty's and then getting slammed for it. and i will tell you. i use the masty and the proxies a lot. not on every map but i do use them more than any other. and i dont give a **** if you dont like it. just look at my scores after the match.

i earned those weapons and i fully intend to use them. so if u dont like it piss off. im sick of all of these politics in the clans and in the games. if your host. intend on finishing the match, otherwise dont be the freaking host.
if your in a game that has a 53+ player then quit.

or you could do the honorable thing and kill me and use my weapon against me. wouldnt that be the smart thing.

all of you noobs need to suck it up, cause guess what, when i was lower level i was gettin blown away by higher levels. now everyone thinks the standard weapon is the strata. well i had it forever and i dont like it.

this is a game that has a heirarchy of levels and weapons. once u get there use them, it took me almost 15 days of game time, half of it in a clan. now everyone wants to put rules in the games on what you should use and can use. i dont really give a damn what you think.

for instance most people know i was in the WC clan and yesterday they had a conflict inner war thing and i was asked to participate, i joined a midgame match and used proxies and the masty to get some kills. they said there were no rules. well after the match i get slammed. and then "new rule. no masty and no proxies" and the quote "were playing this to get better" well im not gonna beat around the bush about it, the rule was by KNOWN. and the other quote was by VOLCARONA. i respect the hell out of vol, and known, but with those comments i just left and said the hell with it.

i left the clan for this same ****, politics and certain rules when its supposed to be all out. i dont agree with it so i dont have to go along with it.

all this **** makes this game a bore. and i have significantly withdrawn my time in this game, as getting slammed for this gets old and reading the same thing over and over.

just play the damn game is what im tryin to get at.

dude, chill....

ill be honest- i hate getting my ass handed to me by proxies and masty.... but so what! like you said its your right! and if i dont like it imma have to kill you...

but dont mind me if i leave your masterton on the floor.... ive more chance of hitting a pin head from space with a jacobs cream cracker than hitting an oppenent with a masty!

its nonsense.... the rules are simple:

if its part of the game- then its part of the bloody game.

and to anyone who thinks they arent ok..... why? coz you aint got them either?

im only lvl 26.... i get my ass handed to me all the time... by any and ALL weps... why worry about some silly gun (made by a CAR company...yes the daewoo whateveritscalled... the real name of masty) and a big chunk of metal that goes boom?

anyway rant over lol

i just think personally though i hate them used against me, i say USE EM... you deserve to.

If there is a boat here, I'm gonna jump on! All the time and ...AHEM! (work... LOL) put into getting those weapons makes all the sweeter when you finally get the chance to blow away your opponents with them! I HATE getting blown away with them right now, but when I get there, I'll be the one to blow others WAY away! So, as the saying goes "smoke em if ya got em"

I'll admit that i completly loath proxies but what some people forget is a little thing called minesweeper which has saved me more times than i can count, though i dont use it too often because i dont run into lv 53+ players enough to warrant using it. with the masterton, sure, alot of times i end up as a gory stain on the wall when someone who earned it uses it and it makes the game harder to play and i think that playing against someone like ACE is invalueable experiance, and honestly i know that the majority of the people that i play with and against would spam the Masterton on most maps (i know that i would) I say let them enjoy the gun that they earned.................and then shoot them in the back and take it from their cold fingers as you enjoy the spoils of knowing that they lost because they died a few too many times.

I have never had a problem with people using the weapons they have earned however I do believe that there should be an option to play a game with people of a similair level. I just beleive that this would be more fun as people of a similair calibar play rather than having a series of sub minesweeper gadget level players against 1 or maybe 2 level 56 players.

/invading another goldeneye thread

This is how it works. A few really good players who work harder than the rest unlock the best weaponry in shooters prior to others. Hardass losers start calling out the weapon/setup, and the non-hardass players start catching on, thinking it really is overpowered. People then jump on the hating bandwagon, even if they aren't dicks or sore losers; it's a contagious sort of habit.

Even worse though, other hardasses keep either their mouths shut and attempt to abuse the loadout everyone's ragging on simply because it's so popular, or they just have a change of tone when they switch around their tools of destruction to the popular build. Whether they win or fail, every time they get a kill, more hardasses jump at the chance to take a ride on the failboat and continue the hate for a certain whatever everyone hates at the time.

In short, there's ALWAYS a weapon the community is complaining about in online shooters, regardless of the reason why it's hated. The Masty's the victim of it this time around; whether it deserves this or not, I dunno, I'm no goldeneye player. Can't have an opinion therefore. :lol: But it is bein' hated on, so **** the haters. Until there's some serious discussion and dissection of the weapon and it's capabilities that 100% proves it's overpowered and far greater than every other weapon, and not just by popular opinion or a "suspicion", keep on rockin' whatever loadout you want, my brothers. It's a game, it's there, use it. Just as has already been said here many times.

The only truly overpowered weapon I can agree on being so in recent times is MW2's underslung grenade launcher anyways...

I don't mind going againts the masty, if we go heads up I can take you down with my strata just as fast(head shot ftw). I only really get owned by that gun when I get shot in the back.

Ok, I'm gonna be honest... I just didn't want you to use the Masterton at that particular time. I agree with you 100%: **** haters, use it if you want. But unfortunately, during clan wars, everyone else seems to think otherwise. So I was just trying to tell you not to use the Masterton THAT TIME since during clan wars, you wouldn't be able to use it anyway (Considering that we WERE doing the matches as practice for wars). Any other time you would have used it, being with or against me, I would have been completely fine with it. Sorry if I sounded like a hardass that time.

Last edited:
no, its nothing against you vol. im just sick of the whole "rules" setup. it seems that everyone has rules for every little thing. and now its too much of a pain in the ass to follow what someone perceives as what they think the rule should be. and personally im at the point where i hold my middle finger in the air as im shooting.

but you do realize not everyone lvl 50+ actually "earns" the right to use the masty?Lvl should not reflect ypur skill, but the amount of time it took to reach there.Ive played lvl 56 people that completely suck and dont know how to use the weapons...True, players who earned it, earned it, but personally, I think its kind of dumb to keep spamming the masty but whatever.

epsilon, i have 16 days of play time to get to lvl 55. so im sure i have earned it. and you call it spamming the masty, well i did earn it. if you want to go to extremes, why doesnt everyone use the stauger. how do u feel about the ivana or the strata. is that spamming too if they are that level??

and there are a lot of hackers in this game, i however am not one. i have put in my time and i think i should be able to use what ever the hell i want. believe me when i tell you this. i can go 45-10 with a strata and i can go 45-10 with the masty. it doesnt matter what i use, i usually get 1st in my team, no matter who im playing with, and there are numerous players that can vouch for me.
its complete bullshit that a lot of people care and get all rage quit happy. im just sick of hearing people ***** about it.
anyone have a problem with it, play me in game and see if you can stop me

I have played over 12 days and I'm only lvl 42. Yeah I might suck a lot of the time but I have my inspired moments. I have no problem with anyone using anything they have earned. I admit the other day I played heros in the archives against 4 lvl 56's and died 33 time by proxies. I had 12 kills, I was having fun learning where people throw them and watching 56's attack. BTW they were some RS guys and NL guys, some of the best in the game. I am not going to hate on someone because they are good. It all comes down to the time spent playing seriously. When I got the game I think it was January. People had been playing a few months, I never played against a lvl 56 till I was lvl 23. It was Prince-Luigi, I was so inspired to kill him it was ridiculous. Now There are like a few hundred 56's and I play them almost every game. I think people have resorted to cheating because it is a lot harder now to level up against so many good players and hackers. I for one will never cheat. 10 months from now when I get a Masty and Proxies, Your damn right I'm going to use them.

no, its nothing against you vol. im just sick of the whole "rules" setup. it seems that everyone has rules for every little thing. and now its too much of a pain in the ass to follow what someone perceives as what they think the rule should be. and personally im at the point where i hold my middle finger in the air as im shooting.

That is to the point where rules are ment to be broken, or hearts?
Ummm......idk, idk, lemme think, think, think, think, ill just say rules are ment to be broken

The reason they are not allowed in wars is because it takes far less skill to use either of them and wars are a test of skill. Masterton is an esy mutual kill at worst and proxies you just throw down and they kill on their own. Where as Remotes you have to anticipate people, throw them at an exact angle to an exact place while detonating them at the right time, a much harder and more skillful gadget. Masty it doesn't matter if you shoot someone in the head or in the foot most the time it is 1 shot kill. Neither of these toys show how good a player you are or how good of a team you have. That is why they are outlawed in wars. You need hip fire, head shots, strafe, spin o ramas, to be creative, on the spot reaction. Masty you just pull the trigger and aim all over the place if you wante to and eventually you will kill atleast one person.

Now running around in a non war situation I say use what you want. However it does make the game less fun for everyone else but youself. I avoud using either masty or proxie out of respect that they are broken as hell and it is clearly not fair to anyone who doesn't have them. Now that is a decision I made, you can go about it however you want. But when the time comes when someone has to judge your game don't expect muc hcredit for being a good player.... unless you truly are without having to rely on them Broken/skilless tools.
I ran into a dumbass 56 today who was using Masty on every map and barley breaking even and majority of those kills were proxies. That right there is what gives those gadgets a bad name. From people using them who have no skill, prolly xp boosted, and just spam the map with proxie and masty. A skilled player may only die 8 times a match and that's what 16 total proxies, where a dipstick dies 20 times and you spen half the round dodging 40 proxies and then on top of that he camps with his masterton in a hidden spot and kills you as you run by, for example. In my opinion it is up to you what you do but don't expect much respect from me. I especially will not use them if I recognize who I am playing against out of respect for a fair and fun match rather than seeing who can blow up the most from proxies. Sorry for the rant but I think that proxies, masty, and toob should never have been allowed on multiplayer online. End of rant :)

I dont care much to the ivana or strata, and it seems like youre taking my statement personally. It was not aimed at you at any way, so Im sorry if it came out that way. However, I dont think youre fully grasping my statement, it more towards people who hack their way to 56 and use the masty, and those who just simply cant play and over a LONG period of time, reach 56 (although I think they deserve at that point. So that bit moght be disregarded). I did not call you a hack nor a cheat. Youre damn right you deserved it, and I have nothing against people who 'act' lvl 56 using the masty or whatever. I can still get my kills in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back