AHHHH $&!%! Just help me, Ok?

Tolstoy_Kafka_Evsky

WiiChat Member
Feb 8, 2007
Well now, I'm fairly PO'ed. So, I just got fios internet right? So it's not unreasonable that I want to hook up my DS to wi-fi. So I get on Mario Kart, I go to Nintendo WFC, and I search for an acess point, it shows me my router's model number, and then asks me for it's web key. So I type that in, and I begin to test the connection. I get this "error code 52000" bull$&!%, and that's when I go onto Nintendo.com and type in that code. It tells me to check my router's connection rates, so I do, and my computer informs me that my wireless router automatically decides for itself the connection rate, and then I check with Nintendo and their website says that this is bad ju-ju, and I was hoping that some Technomancer here could just tell me how to fix this without blowing my mind with a bunch-a techno-bable. .........Please?

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
try changing the position of your routour you know closer to the ds

Impossible. That can't be it. I'm sitting less than 3 feet from it. Two if I turn in my chair. It has to be something else.

errrr make sure its set to b and g mode in the options! if its just g it will not work! but will work with wii weird right!

Beatle14 said:
errrr make sure its set to b and g mode in the options! if its just g it will not work! but will work with wii weird right!

Ok, now, if you could just refrase your answer so I could understand it. Make sure WHAT is set to B and G; my DS or my Router? ....... And what the HELL is B AND G!?

i have just tried to connect to my router using mario kart & unfortunatly my router is set up with wpa-psk security which basically means that i can't connect unless i change it to wep:cryin: . could you be having a similar problem?:confused:

mad1234 said:
i have just tried to connect to my router using mario kart & unfortunatly my router is set up with wpa-psk security which basically means that i can't connect unless i change it to wep:cryin: . could you be having a similar problem?:confused:

No, my router's got a WEP key (whatever the hell one of those is)

the DS wont allow you to use the WEP or any kind of encryption. Turn off the password and it will work.

Stupid I know.

if you cant figure it out go to your routers web site.. ie: linksys.com

and look their for how to reset the settings.

Back