Alone In The Dark 5

Foxy

Super Ninjarator
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
3881-9484-9041-5848
mainbanner.jpg

Alone in the Dark is a series of survival horror computer games from Infogrames. In most of the series, the gamer plays as private investigator Edward Carnby, who usually goes to investigate a haunted mansion or town that is full of undead creatures. The story is based on the writings of H.P. Lovecraft, although later games in the series drew inspiration from other sources including Voodoo, the Wild West, and the works of H.R. Giger. The series has enjoyed a lot of succes and the next installment is heading on to Wii, as well as the other main consoles, 360 and PS3.

Set during 2006, the story continues with Edward Carnby, the main protagonist from the original game, looking for answers to strange supernatural and bizarre occurrences while battling his way through the opposition in New York City's Central Park. It has been mentioned that Atari wouldn't reveal exactly how Carnby is still running around in the present day considering that the first installment took place during 1926, but the game is most likely a franchise reboot or rather a sequel to Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare which was released in 2001 for PC, PlayStation, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2 and Game Boy Color, and was also set in modern times. Condensed portions of Alone in the Dark 5 were seen during the E3 2006 presentation.

The next-gen Alone in the Dark features the macabre style of the series played with new gameplay mechanics and a broader-reaching, action-packed play style. Explore fully-interactive realtime worlds, interacting with physics and roaming the wide-open, fright-filled environments. Developer Eden Games has mentioned that they want the structure of the game to be similar in structure to television shows like 24 and Alias. Nadal stated that the storyline will be presented as "episodic content completely structured to the gameplay."

I think that this game will be amazing, from what has been shown and announced the game looks to be the best alone in the dark yet:)

Who Said Wii was kiddy?

Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Umbrella chronicles
Alone In The Dark

There is many more games that will appealing to the hardcore mature gamers:)

Screens:

tc_905_0001.jpg

tc_905_0002.jpg

tc_905_0003.jpg

tc_905_0005.jpg

alone06_small.jpg

905_0004.jpg

aitd5_preview.jpg

alone15_small.jpg

alone11_small.jpg

Source's and links:

Official Site
Site dedicated towards the game
Alone in The Dark (Series) Wikipedia page
Alone In The Dark 5 Wikipedia Page

Official Trailer:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_LaaAoU5o[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
:worship:

Wow, thanks a lot.
This game looks so great, never had a chance to play the others, but I will have to play this one. Thanks again :)

AMGZ THIS THREAD'S LIKE TEH OWNAGE RARGH.

Good review/head up thingy, Jam. Good points and all that shizzle; if I could I would rep you, sadly, I can't. :p Again, GJ.

Are these screens from the Wii? Just wondering I mean they're video caps from the look but was just wondering.

Taero said:
Are these screens from the Wii? Just wondering I mean they're video caps from the look but was just wondering.

I think some are wii, but the one with a knife to a mans check definatly isn't

By the way there is a trailer which I will add to the thread tomorrow:)

Umm, I got the best trailer I could find:)

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_LaaAoU5o[/MEDIA]

Yeah this game looks really great, thanks again for sharing it.
Must have for me.

Taero said:
No way, look and compare to any Wii game.
Still could look decent compared to other Wii games but I'll wait till IGN posts some real screenshots before I say.

It sounds awsome but the trailer isn't enough, well it's actually to much.
Needs some videos from playable demos.

StevenNevets said:
No way, look and compare to any Wii game.
Still could look decent compared to other Wii games but I'll wait till IGN posts some real screenshots before I say.

It sounds awsome but the trailer isn't enough, well it's actually to much.
Needs some videos from playable demos.

Listen, I don't know what screenshot is from what console but I suspect they are mixed, they are all from the official site if you want to go looking. . .

It's strange that they have kept this sort of queit, they have hardly released infomation, screens or videos

Back