Alone in the dark 5

Foxy

Super Ninjarator
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
3881-9484-9041-5848
Before I begin I would like to say I previously made this thread, it is now unable to be posted in and I think that in light of the new delay and many people not knowing of the wii having this game I believe it should be up for discussion once more:smilewinkgrin: Hope you enjoy the read and participate in discussion of this up and coming instalment.

mainbanner.jpg

Alone in the Dark is a series of survival horror computer games from Infogrames. In most of the series, the gamer plays as private investigator Edward Carnby, who usually goes to investigate a haunted mansion or town that is full of undead creatures. The story is based on the writings of H.P. Lovecraft, although later games in the series drew inspiration from other sources including Voodoo, the Wild West, and the works of H.R. Giger. The series has enjoyed a lot of succes and the next installment is heading on to Wii, as well as the other main consoles, 360 and PS3.

Set during 2006, the story continues with Edward Carnby, the main protagonist from the original game, looking for answers to strange supernatural and bizarre occurrences while battling his way through the opposition in New York City's Central Park. It has been mentioned that Atari wouldn't reveal exactly how Carnby is still running around in the present day considering that the first installment took place during 1926, but the game is most likely a franchise reboot or rather a sequel to Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare which was released in 2001 for PC, PlayStation, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2 and Game Boy Color, and was also set in modern times. Condensed portions of Alone in the Dark 5 were seen during the E3 2006 presentation.

The next-gen Alone in the Dark features the macabre style of the series played with new gameplay mechanics and a broader-reaching, action-packed play style. Explore fully-interactive realtime worlds, interacting with physics and roaming the wide-open, fright-filled environments. Developer Eden Games has mentioned that they want the structure of the game to be similar in structure to television shows like 24 and Alias. Nadal stated that the storyline will be presented as "episodic content completely structured to the gameplay."

I think that this game will be amazing, from what has been shown and announced the game looks to be the best alone in the dark yet:)

Who Said Wii was kiddy?

Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Umbrella chronicles
Alone In The Dark

There is many more games that will appealing to the hardcore mature gamers:)

Screens:

tc_905_0001.jpg

tc_905_0002.jpg

tc_905_0003.jpg

tc_905_0005.jpg

alone06_small.jpg

905_0004.jpg

aitd5_preview.jpg

alone15_small.jpg

alone11_small.jpg

Source's and links:

Official Site
Site dedicated towards the game
Alone in The Dark (Series) Wikipedia page
Alone In The Dark 5 Wikipedia Page

Official Trailer:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_LaaAoU5o[/MEDIA]

Maybe you should put up screens that are from the Wii version, or at least mention which system these screenshots are from. Many of those shots are definitely 360 pics.

Did anybody notice that there are no PS3 screenshots on the website? They only have screenshots for PS2, Wii and 360.

As I mentioned in another thread, depending on the actual gameplay, this game looks like it may be a RE/GTA combo.

largedarry said:
Maybe you should put up screens that are from the Wii version, or at least mention which system these screenshots are from. Many of those shots are definitely 360 pics.

Did anybody notice that there are no PS3 screenshots on the website? They only have screenshots for PS2, Wii and 360.

As I mentioned in another thread, depending on the actual gameplay, this game looks like it may be a RE/GTA combo.

I have a reasonable explanation for screenshot use, trust me on that one:lol:

I think this game will do to AITD what RE4 done to RE.

Nice article Cosmic.

"Who Said Wii was kiddy?

Resident Evil 4
Alone In The Dark"

Although, do you really think those 3 alone are enough to keep "mature" players satisfied? Maybe add No More Heroes and it doesnt sound so bad. RE4 is just a port remember, Umbrella Chronicles is a spin-off. So maybe these titles aren't enough to keep me going.

Yes we have Brawl, but since we are both from Europe. We have a long wait ahead, which is why I plan to buy my Wii back around November.

Ninty-Wii said:
Nice article Cosmic.

"Who Said Wii was kiddy?

Resident Evil 4
Alone In The Dark"

Although, do you really think those 3 alone are enough to keep "mature" players satisfied? Maybe add No More Heroes and it doesnt sound so bad. RE4 is just a port remember, Umbrella Chronicles is a spin-off. So maybe these titles aren't enough to keep me going.

Yes we have Brawl, but since we are both from Europe. We have a long wait ahead, which is why I plan to buy my Wii back around November.

The 3 listed were just prime examples of the wiis mature line up currently.

Ninty-Wii said:
LOL. I can't believe I just called you Cosmic.

He's out drinking Irish ale somewhere.

Cpt.McCloud said:
I have a reasonable explanation for screenshot use, trust me on that one:lol:

I think this game will do to AITD what RE4 done to RE.
are the wii screens that bad or is it something else?

SensesFail said:
are the wii screens that bad or is it something else?

When this thread was created it was when the title was new and source material was very limited. That thread passed away so I recreated it with the same material and haven't updated yet.

The original images are just there to show the game and aren't 'real screen shots'.

For those gamers who enjoy classic games and want to see where the series started, while they wait for the newest installment, here are the first two games for the PC. They are abandonware, so they are totally free and legal to download and play. Check them out.

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/91/Alone+in+the+Dark+1.html

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/892/Alone+in+the+Dark+2.html

They've actually aged pretty well. Check them out.

Anyway, as far as AitD 5, I'm not sure if I'm going to like it. It looks like a really big detour from the previous installments, which were mostly puzzle solving and little combat (which is what I'd prefer). But I suppose it could still be cool in a different way.

Last edited:
for the wii not to be considered kiddy, its needs some mature, exclusive, AAA titles. btw, i read that he time travels, whether he does it or the whatever the **** they are creatures drag him in the future.

I hope the Wii gets this game. With this and Disaster Day of Crisis we could bring in the whole survival horror audience. And maybe capcom may consider giving us RE5

disaster isnt survival horror and i highly doubt the wii will see resident evil 5, it just got an exclusive resident evil game in place of 5.

Dzapper said:
I hope the Wii gets this game. With this and Disaster Day of Crisis we could bring in the whole survival horror audience. And maybe capcom may consider giving us RE5
if re5 is like re4 then it wont be survival horror and there really isnt much of a "survival-horror" audience. very few play survival-horrors as their primary genre.

Back