Alright

INEED2WII

WiiChat Member
Jun 27, 2007
Texas
all you savvy Wii gamers and troubleshooters, here's the scoop: I was able to connect online last night and Wiiconnect24. Did some browsing and so forth. After work i fired it up to get online and for a momment I was connected BUT, then it message prompt popped up and said it couldn't find a connection. So I went through the setup again, found the access point, typed in my WEP for my 2wire and.........same prob, no dice. Any help would be appreciative i'm new to forum as you can see so please be easy on my stupidity.

Go through the setup again and under WiiConnect 24 make sure its checked ON. Also, check Standby Connection ON too. I had the same problem before and thats what I did and it worked. Try it and let me know what happens.

Last edited:
Hey thanks

Sillyhat, but I took your advice and again it says:Error code-51330. Unable to connect to the internet, choose settings and confirm connection. The access point shows that it has found my 2wire. But error-51330 keeps popping up. I knew that last nights set up was to easy and smooth! Maybe its the fact that it went into standby last night connected because of the yellow LED? Any other suggestions

Maybe there is an interruption in your wireless signal? Try moving your router. I accidentally bumped my router and knocked the antenna over on my desk and lost connection. I just turned the antenna back towards the wii and it worked again.

well the 2wire is down stairs so I just moved it a little. Upstairs on my PC I have a netgear adapter so I adjusted the antenna... Crap, same message, should I get into netgear's settings and display the Wii's MAC address or in netgears's settings click on computer to computer?

Yeah, I tried your suggestion earlier via nintendo website and did it again, to no avail. Error messag-51331 popped up. Whats the deal? Does my wireless adapter need Wii's MAC code or should I click on computer to computer settings (Ad-hoc) whatever that is?

I don't have any other suggestions but one, call Nintendo.
1-800-255-3700

Sorry I couldn't fix the problem.

Its a wireless connection, like I posted earlier, it worked fine last night when I set it up, now I get the same error message, i'll call Nintendo I guess, thx for trying guys. I'll post results later

Well guys for the record, I was on the phone with Nintendo cust. service and they could not fix my problem so, I AM SCREWED

Try completely restarting your internet. Turn off your computer first. Then unplug the power from the back of the cable/dsl modem. Then unplug the power button from the router. Wait 2 minutes. Plug everything back in. Wait til all the lights are blinking, then turn on your computer again. Check and make sure the internet works on the computer, then check your Wii's internet connection.

Thx, i'll give that a try. I have: changed ch. on the 2wire to 1 and 11, reconfigured all settings on the wii and the router, call customer service and had a walkthrough for 30 min. done the WEP over and over, typed in IP and such. This is crazy. But i'll try your last suggestion

Back