Alvin and the Chipmunks

MrKlown

Weird Guy
Oct 9, 2006
Martha, KY
My nephew got this game (10 years old) after me telling him that games made from movies are always bunk. Well surprise surprise, the game is complete crap. It's trying to copy guitar hero and it does it horribly. The controls don't register half the time on the notes. Really wish my nephew hadn't wasted his christmas money on it because he is very dissappointed. Why must game companies go after just the money. I know money is great but come on, release a halfway decent product at least!

awe. =[ that's sad.

take it somewhere & trade it in. i mean i know he's not going to get all his money back. but i know that game stop is giving an extra 20% on traded in games or something like that.

maybe help him out and give me a little extra money to get another game? after all it is the season of giving =]

Sorry to hear about that, and I hope you will get a decent amount of money for the exchange. Do some research before you purchase a game:

IGN said:
4.0 Presentation
The presentation of menus and screens is generic, and the storyline is simplistic at best.

3.0 Graphics
The best thing with the graphics are the chipmunk models. Slowdown and bland environmental visuals makes this a harsh thing to look at and play through.

3.0 Sound
Only the most hardcore Chipmunk fan won't be driven insane by the renditions of these songs.

1.5 Gameplay
It's almost impossible to fail a song, and the tracks themselves don't have a consistent sense of rhythm attached to the notes found onscreen. Controls aren't as tight as the PS2 version.

2.0 Lasting Appeal
While there are a number of songs and three difficulty levels, only a die hard Chipmunk fan would fully play through this title.

OVERALL 1.7 Abysmal (out of 10 / not an average)
1.7/10 = Abysmal. Not sure I would come close to this game. Happy gaming in the future. :)

wow that's a shame i feel bad for him...
wow i hope that doenst happen with brawl or mario kart where it's a piece of crap

Yeah that game did get bad rewiews , the same with code lyoko quest for infitnity :cryin:
EDIT: Ok not to be mean or anything but heress a piece of advice: Rent before you buy oh and i know what your nephew needs : gamefly

Last edited:
Nintendo could step in as a more strict gatekeeper. But I think they're so desperate for 3rd party support that they're letting everything go through without question. This is going to end up hurting them in the long run if they're not careful.

Well I had no say on what he bought. He won $100 at school so he bought that game and some model cars. I didn't even know the game was out and my nephew is a bit too young to be searching the internet about games. Someone told me to give him some money, well I certaintly would... IF I HAD MONEY LOL. I am unemployed right now and they won't let me get unemployment since it is a temp job. The job comes back next month anyhow. He bought it to play it on my Wii since he is living with me because his parents are getting divorced, that's what hurt me the most. He had such great expectations for that game and it was a complete let down for him. I imagine going through a nasty divorce is really harming the psych of the kid and to have a game company let his hopes down like that just really pissed me off.

1.7? I could of released a turd in a box that would of had more of a lasting appeal!

Hmm you won't get much trading it in seeing as it's open and not a hot seller even though it's a new game. I say trade it in and teach him to save up money till he can buy a good game.

Why do kids get attracted to crap so easily. He's not even old enough to know the "real" Alvin and the Chipmunks.

I was thinking of getting this for my granddaughter as she loves the chipmunks. Is it really 1.7 bad? I figured if it has chipmunk songs and chipmunks onscreen that would be enough for her.

The IGN review criticized it for being virtually impossible to fail a song but that wouldnt be a bad thing for her because she is only 2 years old and usually just randomly waves the Wiimote about anyway. She enjoys Rayman Raving Rabbids but stands no chance on the rhythm games.

They usually seem to mark kids games down a lot, maybe they should have actual kids in to rate them as well, rather than just an adult. My grandaughter would no doubt rate something like Halo 3 as 1/10 as the game is not made for her, just like a kids game is not made for a middle aged reviewer

When i searched for reviews, i found that Gamerankings had given it 2.8/5 but stated that it was a game for under 8 year olds only. I think i will try and rent it for her and see how she likes it first.

Back