Am I the only one?

WolfpacSnakepit

snoogins
Dec 2, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
Wii Online Code
7300-6469-2862-5349
Am I the only one that thinks online gaming is crap? I mean, i think in ten years or whatever it will be awesome, but all the games I have seen or played have been shite ... it's so slow and there is so much loading... it just lags and is a complete drag to be honest. Why does everyone like it so much?! When I play a game i'd rather play it with my mates, having a few beers and chilling out, or when i wanna chill out by myself and play thinking, in depth games like Zelda. I dont wanna play against some noob on the otherside of the world just so that I can send them an IM on the internet later and say "I beat you, haha!" ... Just seems pointless and unexciting to me - and i have been a gamer for longer than most of u here have been alive. In ten years when it all runs really smoothly and it has cool cameras and mic's and everything (i played using these things on a 360 a few times and i thought it was exciting for about 3 seconds) then it will be cool - but for now, let's leave games like Metroid and to be played the way there are meant to be - as just one player.

Well, I am happy with where the Wii is now, but I would like to see them get their online sorted out.

opitekk said:
your retarded and yeah i think your the only one.

hahahahaha i'm retarded because i have a different opinion to u? :lol: :lol:

Edit: Oh and just by the way, why is it that no one yet has told me why it's so good? So what if the majority like it?... a whole shitload of people liked the spice girls too but that doesn't make them any good now does it?

Last edited:
WolfpacSnakepit said:
hahahahaha i'm retarded because i have a different opinion to u? :lol: :lol:
no its not an opinion. you claim online gaming to be what you state, which is not true in most cases.

Why are you guys giving so much hate towards this guy? I enjoy online gaming. The main reason I like it is because I find it more realistic as your playing against another human who is liable to make mistakes where as the computer, played on a hard setting is not going to make any mistakes whatsoever.

I'll give you an example. If you are playing an online FPS. You have two good players, so it will be a fair match. You both don't know where each other is so you have to be alert at all times. You never know when they will walk round the corner, whether they are camping or running about.

If you was playing the computer, they will know exactly where you are, they have an auto-aim system, lock straight onto your head and they will probably be really dumb and use no thought as to what weapon to use(like use a pump-action shotgun for long ranges). Some games suit online play, but some however do not.

I play battlefield 2 for the PC online. If you play it on singleplayer mode on hard setting you cannot hide because all of the bots know where you are. If you're playing online you can actually hide in bushes, buildings etc as the humans cross-hairs don't just lock on to the nearest person, they have to find them (unless they are cheating, which isn't possible due to battlefield 2's anti-cheat system). If they did find a way around the anti-cheat system they will soon be found out anyway and be banned from the server.

Anyway thats my thought on the matter.

Last edited:
Completely agree !

Simple example I like to add:

Smoke Grenades: No effect when playing computer, but when you are playing humans they really dont have an idea whats going on

i dont like online gaming except for warcraft 3 FT. simply because i just love playing minigames with other people. and smother their face in the ground with my skills..

Sovieto said:
no its not an opinion. you claim online gaming to be what you state, which is not true in most cases.

Read what I wrote again. The first line says "Am I the only one who thinks online gaming is crap?"

Does that not mean that i am just expressing an opinion?

Child.

Back