Am I the only one?

Dudey - I appreciated ur opinion and i think u make an awesome point... HOWEVER ... is there really that much difference from that than say, a two player FPS (Goldeneye springs to mind, for sheer example) ...? I mean, that was fun multiplayer... does online really surpass that by so much? It just seems to me that gaming is getting less and less social. Why not invite some mates around to play games rather than playing over the internet?

WolfpacSnakepit said:
Dudey - I appreciated ur opinion and i think u make an awesome point... HOWEVER ... is there really that much difference from that than say, a two player FPS (Goldeneye springs to mind, for sheer example) ...? I mean, that was fun multiplayer... does online really surpass that by so much? It just seems to me that gaming is getting less and less social. Why not invite some mates around to play games rather than playing over the internet?
No its not social to play online games on your own. But it truly is more enjoyable to play them. Maybe if you want to play an online FPS you could sit next to each other with your friends on different computers and work co-operatively. But a two player FPS on a games console, you can just look at the other guys screen and know where he is. Its meant to be a spy game !!!

Sorry but you're moaning about lag!? I hardly get any lag ever, maybe consider getting a better connection.

WolfpacSnakepit said:
Am I the only one that thinks online gaming is crap? I mean, i think in ten years or whatever it will be awesome, but all the games I have seen or played have been shite ... it's so slow and there is so much loading... it just lags and is a complete drag to be honest. Why does everyone like it so much?! When I play a game i'd rather play it with my mates, having a few beers and chilling out, or when i wanna chill out by myself and play thinking, in depth games like Zelda. I dont wanna play against some noob on the otherside of the world just so that I can send them an IM on the internet later and say "I beat you, haha!" ... Just seems pointless and unexciting to me - and i have been a gamer for longer than most of u here have been alive. In ten years when it all runs really smoothly and it has cool cameras and mic's and everything (i played using these things on a 360 a few times and i thought it was exciting for about 3 seconds) then it will be cool - but for now, let's leave games like Metroid and to be played the way there are meant to be - as just one player.

people just love the idea of online competition (mlg for example)...i reallly dont like to take part it in..i just like to have fun with local friends who are at their houses or meet new people playing lol

I don't really agree with you when you say it's crap. I do think that they should have spent more time working on online modes for Mario Strikers Charged.

I think online gaming is a fun extra but the wii is not great for online play so far. I'm sure they can and will improve it alot though.

I agree to an extent, I don't use online gaming too much cos I aint into it. I much prefer playing with my friends sitting beside me, being able to see the look on their faces when something happens makes it way more appealing.

online gaming against hardcore nerds that you don't know that will pwn you in seconds = worthless

onling gaming against or coop with a friend that you can't play with in person = where its at

i'm all for callin up a friend, or hittin it up with some heads from a forum, but just signing into gears of war and getting into any ol' deathmatch available usually ends up sucking, b/c

1- i'm not that good
2- i can't stand getting my clock cleaned by kids that are, or atleast act like they're 10-20 years younger than me
3- hearing insults from prepubescent children does not make for a great time, although it's often times hilarious

PLUS ! If youre gaming with friends or in a clan or guild it gets very social. Its like being in a soccer club. You ( to a certain degree ) get to know the other guys and make jokes with each other.

yeah little kids are a prb if online has a headset, i think people in clans take video games too seriously, there's other things to do then to just practice...

I'm neutral about online gaming. Most of it is because I'm jealous over the fact that I have dialup and can't go online with my Wii...but I'd rather play alone or with some friends locally anyway.

Well theres clan that only are a clan so they got people to talk to and have fun with. Thats the kind of clan I enjoy the most! Its more like a community

I'll back him up when it is his opinion that online sucks, but.... it really doesnt in my opinion, because you can play multiplayer against the best people all over the world in the game. You can see how good you are compared to them, and you don't need someone there with you.

onlines better cause you get the opportunity to play with new people. as in, instead of inviting your 3 other friends to play who you play with all the time (dont get me wrong its fun) you get to go online, and play with 3+ other kids youve never met before. so every single game is like having your friends over to play!

...not a very good point but hey! i tried :yesnod:

WHAT ABOUT TEH KIDS WITHOUT FRIENDS??? what are thay going to do. you also need to think about the less fortunate.

Back