Am I the only person who finds zelda and metroid really hard?

Yeah I do. Once you've played a lot of Zelda games though, you do feel a kind of pattern developing in terms of finding things and knowing your way around the dungeons.
yeah that's what happens. after a while, only the toughest puzzles actually require thought.
Band geek said:
Link to the Past is my favorite game
same here.

Are you talking about the part were you have to cross that big gap that is too far to jump to and you have to blow up that rock, go into it in ball mode and roll through the spiders.

I walked around that level for at least an hour and a half before using a walkthrough.

Yep that was where I got stuck. I was cursing after I finally saw the rock because I must have walked past it about 10 times. :mad2:

If I hadn't have found it then, I would have probably had to resort to a walkthrough because I couldn't have handled another hour searching.

Yep that was where I got stuck. I was cursing after I finally saw the rock because I must have walked past it about 10 times. :mad2:

If I hadn't have found it then, I would have probably had to resort to a walkthrough because I couldn't have handled another hour searching.

I too got stuck here in MP3, as did people I've read about on other threads. Like you, I finally got past it without a walkthrough. Props to anyone who finally found this rock without consulting help. I did it by eventually resorting to thoroughly scanning every room in the area with that scan visor. That's what its for, ya know.

I finally beat The Legend of Zelda for nes! Now it's time to try and beat Super Metroid.

NES Zelda was annoying to beat. god i hate the second run through. after learning where everything was it all gets moved around.

I couldnt handle it, It pissed me off so I sold it. Hehe, Ill probably by on the wii though.

I can never seem to make progress in zelda or metroid without looking up a walk through on the internet. Are they hard for you guys too or is it just me?

Your not alone. In fact I go to online walkthroughs for quite a few of my games. I've gotten so dependant on them that I don't know what I would do without them. A lot of games I have would go unbeaten.

I've looked up a walkthrough for Metroid games so many times. Old Zelda games have me looking them up too, but from OoT and on I could figure out myself.

To me, I find the first two Legend of Zelda games to be hard. The layout was too open for me to figure out what to do next. It's the same thing with the first metroid. I used to wonder if I went to the right area or got the right items in many fustrating moments with the game. There were moments in Zelda II in which I beat the dungeon boss just to find out the item I need to get to next part of the game is left behind with no way to get it later as the dungeon is sealed up. As a result I had to start over again.

I can never seem to make progress in zelda or metroid without looking up a walk through on the internet. Are they hard for you guys too or is it just me?

No, your not alone. I have found significant difficulties with most previous Metroid and Zelda games.

Metroid Prime 2 and OoT being the hardest IMO.

Sorry I meant Metroid Prime 2* 3 was the easiest.

Last edited:
No, your not alone. I have found significant difficulties with most previous Metroid and Zelda games.

Metroid Prime 3 and OoT being the hardest IMO.
Really? I found those two to be the easiest. :/

The hardest two for me is either Metroid and The Legend of Zelda, or Super Metroid and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

I find a lot of metroid and zelda games boring without walkthroughs. I just don't understand why they have to make their games so hard and confusing. I mean aren't video games supposed to be fun? In my opinion if video games become a chore it's not worth playing them.

I find a lot of metroid and zelda games boring without walkthroughs. I just don't understand why they have to make their games so hard and confusing. I mean aren't video games supposed to be fun? In my opinion if video games become a chore it's not worth playing them.
Can't really agree. I love a challenge, especially considering the amount of easy games on Nintendo consoles. I usually look for a way past the part I'm stuck on, even if it takes days. A walkthrough is usually my last resort.

Back