Amanda just got a Wii!

Amanda316

WiiChat Member
May 25, 2010
Hi my name is Amanda and I just got a Wii : )
But I need help on games to buy.
My 2 favorite games right now are Forza 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV online
I know there isn't anything good like that on the Wii.
I have the new super mario bros. wich sadly I've beaten in one night : (
But was lotsa fun : )
I wanted to get legend of zelda first but couldn't find it : (
I also would like NHL 2K10 but I need more info.
Can I use the controller as a hockey stick?
If so, that is a must for me : )
I like racing, swordplay, hockey and games where I can do whatever I want like command & conquer and Grand Theft Auto.
I'm clueless about wii games : (

First of all welcome to Wiichat. There is a game for wii called Driver Parrell Lines thats a spin-off Gta. Mario kart is a really good game, with fun online.

Hi my name is Amanda and I just got a Wii : )
But I need help on games to buy.
My 2 favorite games right now are Forza 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV online
I know there isn't anything good like that on the Wii.
I have the new super mario bros. wich sadly I've beaten in one night : (
But was lotsa fun : )
I wanted to get legend of zelda first but couldn't find it : (
I also would like NHL 2K10 but I need more info.
Can I use the controller as a hockey stick?
If so, that is a must for me : )
I like racing, swordplay, hockey and games where I can do whatever I want like command & conquer and Grand Theft Auto.
I'm clueless about wii games : (

Welcome to WiiChat Amanda :)

If you want a GTA style game then look for Scarface. It is the closest thing you'll find and personally I prefer its storyline to GTA. Other than that The Godfather and Bully are both good sandbox games, which I prefer over the 360 versions as they have pretty good motion controls for the Wii.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is awesome. Buy it.

If you are interested in Zelda then you should also look at Okami. It is very similar to Zelda but can be found cheap, around $20 new.

I haven't played NHL 2K10 but 2K9 played pretty well. I believe that you have the option to use pointer controls or traditional style but with motions for the stick. There are no other hockey options on the Wii though.

For racing look to Mario Kart Wii or Excitebots. For swordplay it's Red Steel 2 or Wii Sports Resort.

If you want a big offline/online game that can rival the types of games found on the 360/PS3 then look at Monster Hunter Tri. It's one of the best games this year and i've barely touched my 360 since I got it.

Thanks for all the suggestions : )
Now I have a few games I wanna try.

Welcome to the forums Amanda! Helen hit it right on the head - the essentials are Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and Scarface (for a GTA style game). Enjoy!

Back