Amazed by component cable

Spyro

Wii60
Jul 11, 2007
I went out an bought a cheap component cable for my Wii and I have to say that the graphics looked twice as good. I think if nintendo had released component cables with the wii instead of composite people wouldn't complain about the graphics so much.

If you're considering getting component, DO IT.

I got them since I got a new TV that only had one composite port that I needed for my cable box, so that was pretty much my only choice unless I bought a video switch thing. Anyway, I didn't really like it, ya it made it a little more clear, but that isn't necessarily a good thing, because it just seems to make the jaggies a lot more visible. I prefer to have it a little blurry but not have as many noticeable jaggies and other flaws.

The coponent cable is a hell of alot better. Especially on Resident Evil 4. Also when I switched to a new HD tv the control for when you have to save Megastrikes on Mario Strikers was delayed slightly so made it more difficult. Worked fine again as soon as I got the cable.

It looks amazing on Twilight Princess. I had no idea Midnas mask had etchings on it until i plugged in the component cables. I can totally see a huge improvement in Mario Strikers (at least I would if i had the game). It'll make a big difference on brawl, too. Many games it would look about the same, but it's still an improvement to anything.

Paintballer, did you change your wii settings from 480i to 480p? I actually noticed less "jaggies".

I own a 360 as well, and I've compared the two side-by-side and the 360 isn't much better when the wii has the component cable. (BTW, I bought a universal cable so I can plug in my Wii and my 360 into the same component cable). I think if the Wii would run games at 60 FPS it would be just as good as the 360.

BTW, what framerates can the wii handle anyway?

Last edited:
Spyro said:
It looks amazing on Twilight Princess. I had no idea Midnas mask had etchings on it until i plugged in the component cables. I can totally see a huge improvement in Mario Strikers (at least I would if i had the game). It'll make a big difference on brawl, too. Many games it would look about the same, but it's still an improvement to anything.

Paintballer, did you change your wii settings from 480i to 480p? I actually noticed less "jaggies".

I own a 360 as well, and I've compared the two side-by-side and the 360 isn't much better when the wii has the component cable. (BTW, I bought a universal cable so I can plug in my Wii and my 360 into the same component cable). I think if the Wii would run games at 60 FPS it would be just as good as the 360.

BTW, what framerates can the wii handle anyway?
Ya, it is on 480p. With composite the jaggies are still there, they just aren't as visible since it is blurred. With component it is sharper and they are easily noticeable.

LMAO @ the Wii looking as good as the 360. A 360 in HD completely pwns the Wii graphically and if I judged my consoles completely on graphics I probably would have threw my Wii at a wall.

Back