Amazon.co.uk Preorders starting November 21st

i0n said:
If you want the console for launch make sure to select Express Delivery - Amazon have already stated they will get the consoles to you on launch day.
Nintendo Wii preorder FAQ

If I pre-order a Wii from Amazon.co.uk, will I get it on launch day (December 8, 2006)?
UK customers: if you choose First Class delivery, your console should be dispatched in time for delivery on December 8. We will work closely with our delivery partners to ensure, as far as possible, delivery by December 8. However, this cannot be guaranteed as some delays may occur which are outside our control.

well technically if you find it in your tracking orders, you should definatly have it.

With the order number and stuff sealed down it should guarantee it to be honest... Just need to wait for that confirmation email to come through into your inbox... On a side note. HOW do i remove the 'new reply notification' i cant find it anywhere in the profile settings lol

TaeK said:
news just in... it's out of stock... lol

"We are currently unable to offer this item. It may be out of stock at the manufacturer. If you would like to purchase this item, we recommend that you occasionally check this page to see if it has become available. "
I blinked and missed it.:mad2:

Can the folks at Amazon not tell the time? :eek:ut:

TaeK said:
well technically if you find it in your tracking orders, you should definatly have it.

With the order number and stuff sealed down it should guarantee it to be honest... Just need to wait for that confirmation email to come through into your inbox... On a side note. HOW do i remove the 'new reply notification' i cant find it anywhere in the profile settings lol

http://www.wiichat.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

scroll down to 'deafult thread subscriptions' choose anything other than instant notification :)

Yea I decided to get mine Express Delivery though, just to be sure. Amazon.co.uk are usually very good with pre-orders, I mean just last week I got my copy of Gears of War on launch day.

I cant believe it, managed to get a PS3 (at retail price) and a Wii before Christmas!!! YAY! Although the Wii is going to be the best out of all 3 by FAR.

TaeK said:
hmm yea... i've set that to 'do not subscribe' but notifications are still being sent to my email, lol

EDIT: Christo, you gettin a ps3 imported or something? :eek:
Yea, my Dad was in Hong Kong on their launch day and somehow managed to get me one. I mean the PS3 games are regionless, and the Blu-ray is the American region (and seeing as my laptop which I just got free through insurance updated from my really old shitty laptop has UK region Blu-ray, having both regions is great). I wont be able to play UK PS1 or PS2 games on it, but seeing as I dont own any, that doesnt bother me.

I thought all consoles were guaranteed for launch date? I see many people with delivery dates after. Is this the next batch?

Ahh nice nice... Guess it'll feel damn good to have a PS3 3 and a half months ahead of the UK launch date, haha.

Amazon must not have had much stock... the pre-order went in like 5 mins (then again the U.S. Amazon stock went in less than a minute)

This is a really nice feeling seeing as last week not only HMV (who i ordered with in September) and GAME.co.uk sent me emails saying they wouldnt be able to get me a Wii before Christmas. Now I can cancel my Comet and Woolworths pre orders too as I have no interest in scalping them on eBay, as that is just lame to real fans.

"...Amazon UK started pre-orders this morning, 40 minutes late, all of the available pre-orders were gone after only a couple of minutes. You had to be very fast in order to secure one...."

From digg.com hehe...

also:

"We’ve pre-sold our initial allocation of Nintendo Wii consoles. Read our FAQ to find out more."

Amazon have added the notice on, lol

Hi all, new user here.

I appeared to blink and miss the amazon pre-orders :(

I found some on game.net - is there any chance of christmas delivery on these or should i cancel it?

Arcam said:
I thought all consoles were guaranteed for launch date? I see many people with delivery dates after. Is this the next batch?

The later dates are only for people who chose multiple items in a bundle, and also chose 'group items together' or cheap/free delivery costs, which can't help but be delayed.

To guarantee launch day arrival, you need express postage, and each item delivered seperately.

As for the person who bought it from amazon marketplace, I wouldn't be so sure that was an actual Amazon pre-order... after all, the marketplace is mainly for already-used items and Amazon Jersey. Still, you can't really tell I guess... maybe Amazon Jersey are getting them new too?

Back