America get Balance board that holds more weight, lol

bilzar

I'm still alive!
Oct 18, 2007
Wyoming
Wii Online Code
6352-8868-3020-2426
I mean this title literally, a lot Americans are fat. It’s no secret We love our fast food and sugar injected colas. With this in mind… can the Wii Fit balance board really support all the McFatties out there?

Currently, in Japan, the Wii Fit balance board has a weight limit of around 300 pounds (136 kg). Shortly after the Japanese launch Nintendo decided to unveil an “American-sized” Balance Board. The “Western” Balance Board (as it’s being called) will support people of a weight up to 330 pounds (150 kg), according to GameLegend.

1996.gif

The above map shows the percent of obese (BMI > 30) in U.S. Adults for the year 1996… and below is the same map exactly 10 years later, 2006.

2006.gif

You might be asking yourself… what do these maps tell us? Americans are getting fatter by the year. If we continue on this same path in another 10 years most of the map will probably be covered in gravy.

It’s great that Nintendo is “accommodating” to those Americans that are overweight… but in another way it’s also kind of sad that the weight limit had to be raised specifically Americans.

LINK

I actually find this quite funny :lol:

I hardly believe that if someone weighs 300 pounds or over that there even going to have the motivation to do a workout videogame. I'm sorry but if you weigh that much their money is probably going to burgers and tacos and not wii fit.

i say keep it at 300...maybe even lower it. -_-

people that are fat don't deserve special accomodations. by making an effort to better "fit" these morbidly obese people, our society is sending a message that it is acceptable to be that heavy. hell, i'm all for restauraunts with weight limits!

"you must weigh less than ___ lbs to enter"

Last edited:
AoWFraggit said:
i say keep it at 300...

people that fat don't deserve special accomodations. hell, i'm all for restauraunts with weight limits!

:lol: lol that might make America a little skinnier! Ban obese people from restraunts!

AoWFraggit said:
i say keep it at 300...maybe even lower it. -_-

people that fat don't deserve special accomodations. by making an effort to better "fit" these morbidly obese people, our society is sending a message that it is acceptable to be that heavy. hell, i'm all for restauraunts with weight limits!

co-sign

idjut said:
i don't believe the maps. :smilewinkgrin:

Me neither. I think it fails to mention that the weight that is considered obese has changed over the years.

Also, "obese" is just a pound to height ratio that doesnt consider muscle mass. For example, a short body builder can be "over-weight/obese" but that doesn't mean they are "over-fat".

The fact that Nintendo made it 30 lbs. more durable is neglectable. I mean really...if someone gets up to 300 lbs., they probably just go ahead and let themselves go, and dont just stop at 330...i think it was fine where it was...

Connecticut is one of the skinny states :p

How ridiculous, Americans are so fat...I honestly dont think just raising the limit 30 pounds is enough, lol.

I was hoping this message post will have the release date on it.

Oh well... :(

But looks like it is coming but it seems they need to re-design it before they bring it out here.

Back