american dollar to aussie dollar

toomstone

"tango down"
Nov 14, 2007
brizzy baby
Wii Online Code
8211-0763-7929-1645
the difference is very minimal yet we still pay 100 dollars and they pay 50 i know they use a different system than pal but that shouldnt matter... your opinions
something needs to be done about it NOW i could have double my wii stuff

Yes we are all very frustrated about this issue, but unfortunately nothing will be done anytime soon.

Boycott all American products that are unfairly priced. What else can you do? Start writing letters to the government giving proof to the unfair pricing, traveling for produce, etc. we all did that in Canada when their dollar went to about .85 of ours, we just packed up our crap and all went shopping there and other gov't and stores had to fix their prices.

hey were did my message go about shooting?? mm maybe we should send letters instead of shooting did someone delete me and Ekiushi posts?

But it isn't fair! As soon as you add 'Australia' to something it gets screwed up. Eg. 'Nintendo Australia' or 'Time Life Australia.' See? Australia wants to screw us over.

Ekiushi said:
But it isn't fair! As soon as you add 'Australia' to something it gets screwed up. Eg. 'Nintendo Australia' or 'Time Life Australia.' See? Australia wants to screw us over.
I wouldn't necessarily say that Ekiushi. Perhaps in video games or movies we get screwed up but the natural landscape and living conditions more then make up for it.

toomstone said:
we need2 do something when i get back im writing a letter
They would still need to read the thousands of similar letters before getting to yours. Atleast Nintendo Australia have acknowledged that we are being treated unfairly.

Last edited:
Eagles said:
I wouldn't necessarily say that Ekiushi. Perhaps in video games or movies we get screwed up but the natural landscape and living conditions more then make up for it.

Yes, I guess that actually is true. I guess I take that for granted though. Oh, and the NZ South Island has a better landscape. Well, in my opinion. But we got screwed over so badly with movies, video games, Time Life! American Gangster was released in America like 2 months before we got it!

Yea, I know how you feel. Games in Canada used to be $59-$69 and sometimes $79 depending on who was making it, and for which console. But now because of the dollar, every game I've bought has been between $19-$49. I think we [Canadians] had an advantage though when the dollar hit even because we are in the same territory. We could just order all our stuff from the US and get it shipped to Canada with minimal shipping cost. Businesses were starting to see this, and had to equalize the prices. Hopefully something will happen to put some relief on Australian prices, but who knows how long that will take.

Back