An Idea for Gaining VC Points

Ezekiel86

Chillin in the Mill
Jun 26, 2006
Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in
Wii Online Code
4149-4465-6987-2962
Okay, I'm not sure if someone else mentioned this, but I was just thinking, what if Virtual Console points could be acquired as part of some sort of reward system?

For example, you could win points through online tournaments or something; for example say you took part in an online Battalion Wars II tournament and won, the prize was a bonus 20,000 VC points from Nintendo to the winning team/individual...

Basically, what I'm trying to say is VC points are really a currency of their own, and as such, could be used in creative new ways like this. I think it could be very interesting, what do you guys think? Have any ideas as to how else they could be dished out? Share them here :)

You mean, like xbox 360 achievements, except with a conversion to monetary value

You should get a card with 50 to 100 wii points free with every new release (£39) game you buy.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
You should get a card with 50 to 100 wii points free with every new release (£39) game you buy.

I second that :) That'd be damn cool, and certainly more incentive to buy games... Maybe if they had denominations like 250-500 points card per new game or something, that'd be damn cool. Even if it were part of some special offer it'd be pretty sweet :)

stazi said:
You mean, like xbox 360 achievements, except with a conversion to monetary value

Sort of, as I don't have an Xbox360 I can't say too much on the matter, but you pretty much have the idea, minus the conversion to real money. If the currency can stay as Wii VC Points, then it'd be more incentive for Nintendo to contribute to it, seeing as they're not actually giving out monetary money, as opposed to a proprietry currency. (VC points are of virtually no value to Sony or Microsoft, they are proprietry to Nintendo).

Hopefully a moderator reads this one, what would be really cool is if this very site was somehow attached with Nintendo in some way shape or form (if possible, might not be), then we can have an AP (Anything Point) that could be able to be transferred to something related to this site or transferred to WP (Wii Point) that can be transferred to our specific Wii if there is a way to link them together (Wii code or something) or some other internet related thing, or, like someone else said, an achievement system where if we play a game, if we beat some part of the game or collect something hidden, we can get points to download VC games, or maybe even contests

Ezekiel86 said:
Okay, I'm not sure if someone else mentioned this, but I was just thinking, what if Virtual Console points could be acquired as part of some sort of reward system?

For example, you could win points through online tournaments or something; for example say you took part in an online Battalion Wars II tournament and won, the prize was a bonus 20,000 VC points from Nintendo to the winning team/individual...

Basically, what I'm trying to say is VC points are really a currency of their own, and as such, could be used in creative new ways like this. I think it could be very interesting, what do you guys think? Have any ideas as to how else they could be dished out? Share them here :)
I like that idea, mate. Nice one. It would be good, both for gamers and for Nintendo, for them to give away Wii Points as prizes for stuff. As you say they could do it through online play, from people winning tournaments and stuff, or Nintendo could hold monthly raffles - people sign up for each month's raffle through the message board or Shop Channel by registering their Wii number, and 100 random Wii numbers get picked out each month to receive a certain amount of Wii Points.

I said this would be good for Nintendo, and it would be for several reasons. Firstly it would build on the interactive-community, not-just-a-games-console vibe about the console. Secondly it would strengthen the relationship between company and gamers. Thirdly it would increase Nintendo's reputation. And finally, people who never before considered buying Wii Points could win some, find they like downloading VC games and in the future splash out mucho dinero on more Wii Points.

Back