An old fella stumbles in...

augur

Hacker
Oct 13, 2010
Auckland, New Zealand
Wii Online Code
5705-5846-5851-6510
G'day everyone,

I'm Augur, from Auckland, New Zealand. I'm 40 years old, and have had my Nintendo Wii for about 3 months now. So I'm kinda old but also kinda young, coz I'm still learning about the Wii.

I'm a computer geek, and have been working in the computer industry probably for longer than many here have been alive. One of the first computers I had access to was a DataGeneral MicroNova system, which is a mainframe computer that is about the size of a refrigerator. Yeah, I've been around for a while.

I recently helped a friend connect their Wii to the Internet, and I'm going to do more of this sort of thing, as a Wii Connection Ambassador, so I considered it wise to have access to a support forum for discussion of Wii connectivity issues. My own setup includes a Wii Black console which connects to my WiFi router, along with a multitude of other wired and wireless devices at home. My primary PC is now an Acer Aspire One netbook running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, and I have numerous other PCs and PDAs around the house, running a variety of operating systems. I use the netbook mostly for its convenience when I'm on the road.

My favorite Wii game right now is Disaster: Day of Crisis, but I'm stuck on Stage 20 (a driving stage), having completed 41 out of the 45 rescues. I'm also into CDEM in real life.

In case you're wondering, here is where I got the name Augur from.

Last edited:
Hi I'm Josh i was wandering if you have Modern Warfare Reflex Edition if so Private message me and if not still private message me thank you.

Hi Josh, PM sent. And to save other people from asking what games I may have, here is my list so far:

• Disaster: Day of Crisis
  • Trauma Centre: Second Opinion
  • Trivial Pursuit
  • Wii Sports
  • Wii Fit Plus
  • Wii Music
  • Let's Tap
Not a heck of a lot there yet, as you can see.

Last edited:
Hi there Fasho,

Yeah, you were the first to greet me here, on my profile page, even before I posted this intro. Thanks for that.

I should probably mention what accessories I have for my Wii too. As I said above, I have the new black Wii console, and pretty much everything else I have for the Wii is black as well. The Wii came with a black wiimote and black nunchuck. I have bought a black MotionPlus (but no games that use it as yet), and a black FutureTronics Blaster, which is great for the shooting ranges in Disaster: Day of Crisis. Of the non-black items, we have a WiiFit balance board that my wife uses, and her bright pink wiimote.

A little bit more about me.

I didn't present my "credentials" as a gamer, did I? I enjoy an FPS every now and then, but I'm more into RTS games to be honest. I used to play Wolfenstein, Doom, Doom 2, Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3 Arena, Starseige Tribes, Tribes 2, UT, Halflife, CS, and I've played a bit of Halo as well. But I'm more into games like Dune, the C&C franchise, TA, AoE, Civ, StarCraft, HomeWorld, etc. I've played at LAN meets and sometimes online, but I'm not really a hard-core gamer as I just don't have the time to dedicate to it. At one time I did spend a great deal of time playing online games, including WoW and Travian, but that was an isolated incident. Please don't offer to join me up to your clan, no offense, but I wouldn't make a good clan member as I'm not able to spend great long chunks of time online any more. I'm really only on the WiiChat forums for technical support as I get into my new hobby of "hooking people up", as I mentioned in my blog post.

Thanks for the welcome DG~X. I see you are a survivor of WiiChat 2009. Being that I wasn't here during 2009, can you explain that a little? What was so bad that happened here that people such as yourself "survived" it? Did the forums get raided by 4channers or something? I was on a site last year that got hit badly by a script injection attack. They had to take the forums offline for months just to fix it and recover the data.

i've been here 4 quite some time & the site was never taken down & i've been here on 2 diffrent profiles, my old profile since 08 & my modern since 09 aswell "rumors probably". But welcome to the wiichat forums & enjoy some stimulating chat.

i've been here 4 quite some time & the site was never taken down & i've been here on 2 diffrent profiles, my old profile since 08 & my modern since 09 aswell "rumors probably". But welcome to the wiichat forums & enjoy some stimulating chat.

Are you serious...ugh. You must have had your eyes shut and ears closed.

Back