An Open Letter to Nintendo

llol_slim said:
i made the assumption s/he had sent it to ninty as well
Interesting.

I just thought it was weird that he left no explanation such as "I just sent this to Nintendo:" or whatever.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Interesting.

I just thought it was weird that he left no explanation such as "I just sent this to Nintendo:" or whatever.

Usually when something is referred to as "an open letter to xyz" then that means the letter is being presented in a public place as well as sent to company xyz in order to draw more publicity to the topic.

Are you saying that if he were to send this to Nintendo, that he couldn't name it "An open letter to Nintendo"?

I have to disagree.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Am I the only one who seems to have realized that this person is confused?

This site is not run by Nintendo, it is unofficial. If you would like to send a letter to Nintendo, please refer to www.nintendo.com and contact them via e-mail.

Yes. I sent the letter to Nintendo both via their customer service and suggestions email at their website, and their official nintendo power magazine. I'm just posting it here to get people's responces and to make it an OPEN letter.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Are you saying that if he were to send this to Nintendo, that he couldn't name it "An open letter to Nintendo"?

I have to disagree.

What are you talking about?

Read what I said again:
Usually when something is referred to as "an open letter to xyz" then that means the letter is being presented in a public place as well as sent to company xyz in order to draw more publicity to the topic.

...Yeah, I heard you the first time.

The title nor the text clarifies which copy this could be. Thus, if he thought that this was an official Nintendo site, this could have been the copy he was 'sending to nintendo' rather than the copy he was 'presenting in a public place.'

The internet would crash the moment a Smash bros demo was announced. Worse yet, if it was online!

LevesqueIsKing said:
...Yeah, I heard you the first time.

The title nor the text clarifies which copy this could be. Thus, if he thought that this was an official Nintendo site, this could have been the copy he was 'sending to nintendo' rather than the copy he was 'presenting in a public place.'

There would typically be no change in the text for an open letter regardless if it was the one sent directly to the company or the one sent to the public.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_letter

I don't see what's the big problem about this. Couple months delay, meh. At least they didn't cancel the whole game. If you were waiting months for this to be released, what will 2 more do to ya? :D

SoUL said:
I don't really like the idea of a demo and besides... it would be like a LOT to download.
Anyway, Nintendo is not really the give-demo-type.

Wow, why are you so against demos...every thread I go into you say you don't want one or Nintendo doesn't give them out. I don't really have a problem with it, but I just wanna know why you don't. Oh, and Nintendo does give out demos for big games. There was a demo at Gamestop for MK:DD and everyone could get a Metroid Prime 2 demo. Those were both super hyped games like Brawl, and they didn't even get delayed! There is actually quite a large chance for a demo. ^_^

Well, I personally don't like demos because when I buy the original game its not a surprise. Its like I already know the game and I'm not so much hyped about it.

What's MKD? (sorry i really have no idea what it is)

Metroid Prime 2 is like a FPS/Adventure game for Gamecube (way not succesful as the Wii). SSBB is a fighting game for Wii, which is a WAAAY different. Also, SSBB is a LOT more hyped than Prime 2 was and I mean... A LOT DIFFERENT.

If Nintendo actually gave a demo any time soon, people will play it so much that by the time SSBB came out some people would already be bored and they will lose a lot of sales of SSBB.

SoUL said:
If Nintendo actually gave a demo any time soon, people will play it so much that by the time SSBB came out some people would already be bored and they will lose a lot of sales of SSBB.

Yes, I agree, with certain games it wouldn't work. SSBB is may be a good example, I've never played SS games .. do you "progress"? By which I mean improve your power, speed or anything? If you dont, then it deffinitely wouldn't work.

However, I think some games it will work, for example racing games .. Need for speed dished out demos and its just made me want the games even more..

Torchik said:
Wow, why are you so against demos...every thread I go into you say you don't want one or Nintendo doesn't give them out. I don't really have a problem with it, but I just wanna know why you don't. Oh, and Nintendo does give out demos for big games. There was a demo at Gamestop for MK:DD and everyone could get a Metroid Prime 2 demo. Those were both super hyped games like Brawl, and they didn't even get delayed! There is actually quite a large chance for a demo. ^_^

I agree....I would anticipate a demo...and It seems pretty likely... :thumbsup:

Back