Analog Stick on Nunchuk Turning Yellow

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
This issue has been brought up multiple times. I DID search, but the problem was never resolved in any of the threads.

Basically, the analog stick on both of my nunchuks is beginning to get a yellowish tinge. After searching through past threads, it seems as though this is a common problem and happens to many people. The most obvious reasons for this color change are sweating and having dirty hands (after eating food).

Not many solutions arouse. The most common one was to wear gloves, but I dont want to wear gloves every time I play wii. Skins wont work either, because its the analog stick, not the actual controller.

So, does anyone have something that will FIX the problem? Rather then just masking it (eg wearing gloves). Are there any solutions out there, any products? Should I just try rubbing it down with a wet rag.

Thanks everyone.

I've never had this problem, but I and most people would say, use some cleaner or rag (as you suggested) to clean the Nunchuck. If the yellow stains don't come off, then you're going to have to send it back to the store it was purcahsed at or send it to Nintendo.

Just common sense: Wash your hands before playing the Wii so this problem does not occur again in the future.

just wash ur hards before playing, and im pretty sure u cant clean it, (ive tried)

besides, u get used to it after a while :p

Yes, and I suppose I should make a rule that all of my friends have to wash their hands before playing as well? Good luck enforcing that one...

Honestly though: I dont eat why'll I play and I always wash my hands so I am thinking the problem is sweat. I suppose I'll try a few different cleaners on it.

I've never saw anyone with this problem yet, even though I've only played on two different Wii consoles. Good luck enforcing that rule for your friends to wash their hands before playing on your Wii. /sarcasm (God that sounded wrong)

All I can really suggest is to stop the problem, or try to stop the problem before it gets too bad. If it's just turning yellow and isn't that noticeable, do what others suggested: Wash your hands before playing, wear gloves, whatever, go as little or extreme as you want with it. Try to clean it, see what happens. It's probably all trial and error anyway. As for particular products, I haven't heard of any for getting your Nunchuk analog stick back to it's original white color.

Nintendo93 said:
I've never saw anyone with this problem yet, even though I've only played on two different Wii consoles. Good luck enforcing that rule for your friends to wash their hands before playing on your Wii. /sarcasm (God that sounded wrong)

All I can really suggest is to stop the problem, or try to stop the problem before it gets too bad. If it's just turning yellow and isn't that noticeable, do what others suggested: Wash your hands before playing, wear gloves, whatever, go as little or extreme as you want with it. Try to clean it, see what happens. It's probably all trial and error anyway. As for particular products, I haven't heard of any for getting your Nunchuk analog stick back to it's original white color.
You dont have to be so specific. Anyone heard of something that returns rubber to its original color?

Hmm, my first nunchuck's analog stick turned yellow but i think it was because I used a mildly dirty towel/rag, but my other one is normal.

Its because the nun chuck analog and the d-pad are both made of white rubber, which absorbs dirt and oils. I heard nintendo fixed this problem now - only the first lot of wii's had this problem.

^How could they fix it? Obviously they wouldn't change the color of the analog stick, and it has to still be rubber, doesn't it?

^I'm pretty sure it is rubber, guys.

wario2ooo said:
so....mine can turn yellow....had mine since the first day it came out o_0
Rubber is naturally discolored when it comes in contact with oils. There are natural oils on your hand that dont go away after washing your hands, so yes, eventually it will.

Back