Analyst suggests Wii cuts price to $199

bubs said:
Oh 1 other thing... i find it really funny how everybody is from different countries UK/America/Canada/Australia etc and when saying or quoted prices your just saying $ like as if to say $200 is the same amount across the globe... :)
You do realize that a "$" sign symbolizes either USD or CAD right (unless stated otherwise)?

bubs said:
Wii doesn't need to do anything, its got good games, more accessories coming out like Wii fit... its fine as it is and worth every $.

Oh 1 other thing... i find it really funny how everybody is from different countries UK/America/Canada/Australia etc and when saying or quoted prices your just saying $ like as if to say $200 is the same amount across the globe... :)

i didn't know that they used the $ in the UK, i thought they used that fancy looking "L"... :lol:

Last edited:
there is a time when nintendo will have to decrease their price for the wii. the 360 is at $299 at the moment and microsoft will do another price cut. ps3 will have more price cut for sure. nintendo wont decrease their prices right away, but they will. $199 means that nintendo makes no profit out of the console, but if they take out wiisports they will make about a $10 profit for each console.

i dont think the wii will go under $199 in its life time. ps2 is at $199 and i believe that the xobox is a bit higher.

It will have a price drop for sure, it doesnt even cost them 199.99 to make a console. But they wont do it till its needed.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/15/wii-manufacturing-costs-ring-up-to-just-158/

As time goes on it will get cheeper and cheeper to make.. But is just no reason to do a price drop this early unless its to match someone elses price or to boost sales in a slow period. Normally you do Price drops later in Gen life to boost sales, right now they can't even make enough to keep up with demand..

The first drop will probably be to 199.99 and maybe then a 149.99 maybe even a 99.99 near the end of its life like game cube. If they push out enough units cost to make it falls and a price drop still keeps it profitable...
But they will continue to take as much profit vs. sales as possibal and they no reason to drop it for a while when it continues to be a sold out product...

Its always been a balancing act for Consoles to make the most profit without hurting sales off of a console... Thats why PS3 is dropping like crazy even when it cant really afford to, it needs the sales without the consoles in homes they make no money at all...

I actually saw Gamecube in Wal-Mart for $70, new and it wasn't on sale. I think I might get one :lol:

Nice article as well.

261311 said:
I actually saw Gamecube in Wal-Mart for $70, new and it wasn't on sale. I think I might get one :lol:

Nice article as well.

why would you ge the gamecube, the wii can play gamecube games.

Its always nice to keep the oldschool consoles... I've never sold any console that i've purchased, all the way back to my Atari... ive given away some of my duplicates to firends onyl thing i ever remeber selling was my handheld Sega Game Gear which i regret...
Right now i have 15 or so consoles lying around, and pick up any that i dont currently own when i spot them... eventually they start being worth money as collector items much like the Atari and NES are now....
And it just shows how much you support gaming by keeping your stuff instead of constantly trading stuff in for the new model...

Even just for a spare console in a different room or as a back up if something happens to your current console, you cant beat 70 bucks... go stock up on GC games now that the price on them is dropping like crazy get some cheep 10 inch LCD car monitor off ebay for your car and be big pimpin playing GC in it...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back