And Another One Bites The Dust

Syntax

That Canucks Fan
Dec 27, 2006
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0001
Well it seems another console has bitten the dust. My second xbox 360, which is my brothers, has recently come down with the "three red lights of death". This is the second xbox that this has happened to. About three to four weeks ago I sent my console in to be fixed and have yet to receive a refurbished or new console. Now I must admit this is getting quite annoying. Anyways until I get my new Xbox 360 sent back I wont be on Xbox live or playing Halo 3.

damn sorry to hear that. day before halo 3 that sucks..I just ordered the coffin as they call it last night, how did you receive your coffin? did it come regular mail or ups? and how do you send it back? ups? I'm sure it will come with instructions but I just want to know beforehand lol

You're going to have to drop your console off at a local UPS store for them to ship it off to microsoft. As for my coffin it was shipped via Puralator and the box came with instructions on how to return it.

At the moment I'm currently wondering how to go about contacting them to find out where my new xbox is. It has been five weeks since I shipped it in and they mentioned that I should expect it to be shipped within three to four weeks.

Finally what annoys me the most is the fact that I have 48hours to pick up my reserved copies of H3. So even though I have no Xbox 360 I'll have two copies of the brand new H3 sitting in my room.

Last edited:
well when you go to xbox.com and support front page there is a check my repair status button, maybe that can help you out, I thought they said they email you to let you know what's going on? I guess since your in canada it will take a little longer for your system to be shipped, but 5 weeks is brutal..mine also said allow 4 weeks which is pushing it! I hope everything is alright with it. I wonder how long the repaired systems last until they need to visit the doctor again..

Yeah i'm getting tired of Microsoft's bullshit too. Mine broke (go figure) and it took 5 weeks to return. Why do they make such rubbish consoles? :incazzato:

Tails McCloud~ said:
Yeah i'm getting tired of Microsoft's bullshit too. Mine broke (go figure) and it took 5 weeks to return. Why do they make such rubbish consoles? :incazzato:
i agree, for a multi-billion-dollar company they should have the most quality products, they are somewhat new to the gaming industry and maybe underestimated the amount of time we actualy play these games(until the processor fries) and never saw it coming! i read they make the heatsink design different in the recent batch(premium,core) and the elite/halo3 consoles so they are making improvement but its a coincidence that all these 360s are melting down right before halo and when more expensive versions of the 360 come out(not to mention they are losing the next gen race) it really is something to think about

Wow, that is the worst time for a console to go on strike, especially with the release of Halo 3. I am truly sorry to hear that, but I hope that you receive a repaired console or a new one pretty soon. :)

Jay588 said:
i agree, for a multi-billion-dollar company they should have the most quality products, they are somewhat new to the gaming industry and maybe underestimated the amount of time we actualy play these games(until the processor fries) and never saw it coming! i read they make the heatsink design different in the recent batch(premium,core) and the elite/halo3 consoles so they are making improvement but its a coincidence that all these 360s are melting down right before halo and when more expensive versions of the 360 come out(not to mention they are losing the next gen race) it really is something to think about

LET TEH CONSPIRICY THEORIES FLY

Mine broke the day before Bioshock came out. And I got it back yesterday, the day before Halo 3 came out. So... that's pretty neat.

Yea my brother had to rent a 360 just so he could play Halo3, his just broke like 2 weeks ago. I guess even the refurbished 360's still get that problem so good luck... I have a feeling Halo3 is going to kill a bunch of systems.

I wanted a 360 until i saw the statistics of how often they break. I just don't want to pay that much for a product which isn't very reliable.

I guess I'll stick to my wii, which I'm happy with.

I might upgrade my computer though so i can play a few good shot-um-up's. ^_^

It's only the older consoles that are having these problems. The new consoles are fine. Oh and I rented a console for Halo 3 seeing as I don't know when to expect to receive my refurbished console.

I came back from school today to find a cool collectors edition my mom picked up at 9am. Then my mom hit me and said "you cant play games on the week" and i was like wat the...so yea i cant even open it but i can open the game guide.

But no old consoles dont break i had mine since the year it came out and i have never seen the red lights..in real life..only on youtube.

^^ You'll probably get them eventually...everyone does. I, personally, thought my xbox was safe (I got mine on launch day) and bam, there they were in August. It was sort of sad...

naw i take care of it make sre theirs no dust and its not to close to the wall so the vent can do its thing. Also i had it for liek 2 or 3 years now..and it never brole i doubt it will happen now

Back