Animal Crossing Wii

Icetrash said:
What exaclty is Animal Crossing? By reading your posts it sounds like a "The Sims" game?

Animal Crossing is kinda like the sims, but at a much slower pace (lack of better word).
It goes by real time, celebrates most holidays (with clever names not to offend others :D)
You fish, make buddies, collect fossils, visit other towns, collect rare items, write letters to characters, get responses!

To explain it is hard, because it sounds somewhat...dull? But to play the game... wow, its just so much fun and addicting!!

I remember the first time I celebrated my birthday while having the game, and my best buddy in-game (who really was my favorite person in town) met me outside my door and gave me a NES game. It just made my day :lol:

Anyway Im done, I kinda rambled there, sorry! Either way, the game roxxorz!

You just live a life basically...

The game is your second world as he said above, it runs on real time and days.

Very clever and well done game, when I got my DS Lite in July I was on it non stop, this is coming from a pc game freak..I was on it from like in afternoon til early hours of the morning.

Addictive :D

Silent-Sniper said:
You just live a life basically...

The game is your second world as he said above, it runs on real time and days.

:( Im a she

But yeah, what Silent-Sniper said! :smilewinkgrin:

Animal crossing on the GCN suffers from a lack of ability to really go multi-player and multi-town. 3 people in my family play it... I've created two towns and we swap cards back and forth to keep it more interesting but we can't be in the same place at the same time and the back and forth card swap gets old. I don't understand why the developer didn't offer the ability to put multiple towns on the same card and create 4-5 random towns with random stores and such to visit... Maybe on the WII.

A multi-town wii where you could join "open" groups of players/towns or have private ones would really put the icing on the cake for the game. Visiting other towns and collecting/selling items for your world would be quite interesting and add quite a bit of depth to the game.

Further, having the ability to have multiple "real" players exist in the same town at the same time would add to the game rather significantly.

That said, I don't know that Animal crossing needs to go "massively multi-player" since it is definitely headed down a different path than the original...

Those who haven't given the game a chance and played it for a while don't know what they are missing. My wife and daughter can go for hours and hours... I like it, but I'm just there to cause trouble and help them along the way...

You're right, I don't think the game would work massively multiplayer, but certainly some sort of simultaneous multiplayer would be great. An ability to connect with your friends over the Nintendo Network would be simply amazing. I never got into Animal Crossing, but this would definitely do it for me.

Back