Anime on the Wii?

Aaerox

WiiChat Member
Apr 16, 2007
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the correct board to post this but is it possible to watch anime on Photo Channel?
I've heard that videos must be either .avi or .mov format, and encoded in MJPEG...

I've tried putting Naruto: Shippuden 8-9 from dattebayo without encoding it, and it didn't recognize the file. I haven't tried to encode it because I couldn't find a decent video converter.

Anyways, all I wanted to know is if it was even possible to watch Anime on the wii.

Thanks in advance :3

I didn't even know the photo channel could watch videos... I am really interested in this feature as well.

Aaerox said:
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the correct board to post this but is it possible to watch anime on Photo Channel?
I've heard that videos must be either .avi or .mov format, and encoded in MJPEG...

I've tried putting Naruto: Shippuden 8-9 from dattebayo without encoding it, and it didn't recognize the file. I haven't tried to encode it because I couldn't find a decent video converter.

Anyways, all I wanted to know is if it was even possible to watch Anime on the wii.

Thanks in advance :3

why dont just take the easy way out and just watch em on the opera browser?:)

Its not poassible. The video encoders make a 20mb file 500mb imagine what it would do to an episode........ It would be more than 2gigs which is the maximum size SD card that the Wii allows.

I heard something about being able to watch video by using the photo channel some time back but i thought it was just some bs.

I guess the Wii could do it though, given that you can even play compressed video on a GBA. I would wait for a dedicated Wii channel or a proven 3rd party device before messing with the Wii too much though, until then id stick with watching on PC or stream it to the Wii using something like Orb.

raisinghelen said:
I heard something about being able to watch video by using the photo channel some time back but i thought it was just some bs.

I guess the Wii could do it though, given that you can even play compressed video on a GBA. I would wait for a dedicated Wii channel or a proven 3rd party device before messing with the Wii too much though, until then id stick with watching on PC or stream it to the Wii using something like Orb.
what like this?????
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=14134

looks like a watse of money to me. you have sites like orb and other sites that let you watch movies and stuff like that. that would save room on your harddrive as well as your wii sd card.

If you read the article. it comes with a 1gig SD card, software, & USB Cables. The suggested Retail Value is $35. Its a pretty good deal.

Major Tom said:
If you read the article. it comes with a 1gig SD card, software, & USB Cables. The suggested Retail Value is $35. Its a pretty good deal.
It does look a good deal for $35, a 1GB SD card alone costs that at some places and this has its own remote control too, id definetely consider buying it.

You can play videos on the Photo Channel, however, you need an amazing quality card, and that probably won't even work. I can play videos from my digicam but it gets through half the video and freezes. Also, the sound comes drastically before the visual. Which is not right, by the laws of physics.

Back