another nintendo rant

dark samus

come to the dark side....
Aug 22, 2007
victoria, australia
Wii Online Code
7159-9733-2785-0220
i don't know if i should put this thread here, but anyway...

*clears throat* ok, iv'e been a hardcore gamer for a while, and nintendo used to be all hardcore gaming, and no casual gaming (well some). but now nintendo have changed, and now there focusing on casual gaming, and it's working for there sales, but now i'm afraid nintendo are losing there touch on the hardcore gamers. and i'm acctually thinking of getting a 360. it's dissapointing to see how far nintendo acctually go to improve their sales,i mean without us, nintendo might not even exist.

remember this is all in my oppinion, so don't flame me, or fill up the threads with complaints and stuff like that. just please just tell me if you agree or not.

I don't believe in this opinion. Yes we have more casual games, but we still get our "hardcore" offerings. Zelda: TP, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Paper Mario, Battalion Wars 2 ect. I could go on further but there are plenty of "hardcore" titles. Infact we are getting them quicker then what we got on the Game Cube. These casual games can also be fun, mini game compliations may not be considered "hardcore" but if I have a couple of mates over they're a blast. Heck I'm sure you enjoyed Wii Spots, but that isn't exactly "hard core".

Last edited:
Nintendo are standing firm that the WII is for casual gamers, they said there targeting the non-gamers with the console, so if u want "hardcore" games you will have to relay on the third party developers

Dayoh said:
Nintendo are standing firm that the WII is for casual gamers, they said there targeting the non-gamers with the console, so if u want "hardcore" games you will have to relay on the third party developers

So you don't call games like Metroid Prime 3, Legend of Zelda or Super Mario Galaxy "hardcore"?

i love those casual games when i have friends over or a party, but in most cases, hardcore for me. (wow such quick replys 0_o)

I do see your point
I mean the Online isn't close enough to good yet. And hardcore gamers need these options.

Headset:
Sure Nintendo don't want kids talking to strangers. So they could have a password protection within the parental controls to mute both mic and mic sounds during online play.

A better online experience is needed really. The hardcore games are coming. But with Metroid NOT being online it was a sure let down. At least we have Brawl, but by then many people would've changed onto 360 or PS3.

They have the casual gamers sorted now. They need to get on the hardcore train and catch up

Oh come one, not another rant.
This whole hardcore gamers thing has been banded about so many times on this forum, its always the same and to be honest its getting boring.
If you dont like the games that are coming out on the Wii, and you dont play it anymore, and you dont think its the console for you, SELL IT AND BUY SOMETHING ELSE!
Its just dull having to read rant after rant, nintendo should do this, nintendo should do that...
They are doing what's good for their sales, there are more impressive games coming out, but they cant please everyone (just read some of the 'My letter to nintendo' threads around here).

Eagles said:
I don't believe in this opinion. Yes we have more casual games, but we still get our "hardcore" offerings. Zelda: TP, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Paper Mario, Battalion Wars 2 ect. I could go on further but there are plenty of "hardcore" titles. Infact we are getting them quicker then what we got on the Game Cube. These casual games can also be fun, mini game compliations may not be considered "hardcore" but if I have a couple of mates over they're a blast. Heck I'm sure you enjoyed Wii Spots, but that isn't exactly "hard core".

i agree with Eagles 100%

There are plenty of hardcore games coming from Nintendo, and these are coming faster than they did with gamecube, by the end of gamecube's first year all it had was like luigi's mansion, loz: ww, mario party 4, metroid prime , ssbm and pikmin

now let's look at the list again 'Luigi's mansion, loz: ww, mario party 4, metroid prime , ssbm and pikmin'

we got a loz, a mp, and a mario party, and a lot more games(bwii, fire emblem, msc, super paper mario, excite truck) all from nintendo...

trust me the games are coming out a lot faster, and think of the overall selection of gamecube games now....it's awesome, wii is going to have a better selection, especially since it's getting a lot more third party support

Eagles said:

I think we have the same amount of hardcore releases, but wayyy more casual games than ever before so people are thinking that the hardcore games are less hardcore when in fact they are not. i don't know why people don't see this. and if you think a games too easy--like zelda--why don't you consider the fact that the "omg so challenging " ocarina came out when you were like 9, so maybe your mind wasn't even old enough to think about the puzzles and it seemed hard.

Wii_Smurf said:
A better online experience is needed really. The hardcore games are coming. But with Metroid NOT being online it was a sure let down. At least we have Brawl, but by then many people would've changed onto 360 or PS3.

I don't really see why people expected metroid online. wouldnt you rather they took the time and got it right and made like a metroid hunters game for wii?

but anyway i'm pretty sure no metroid on the cube had multiplayer and any other console besides DS so why would they start now??

I just want Rock Band for Wii then I'm set. PC is for my "hardcore" games. Everyone knows PC's are greater than consoles for FPS's.

samXcor3 said:
but anyway i'm pretty sure no metroid on the cube had multiplayer and any other console besides DS so why would they start now??
Metroid Prime 2 does have multiplayer.

Back