Another Nintendo Wifi USB connector problem...

funky977

WiiChat Member
May 8, 2007
Hello all,

My first post here and it has to do with the Nintendo Wifi USB connector and the PC Cillin firewall block. I was able to connect to the internet thru the Wii once I turned the firewall off, but once I turn it back on the Wii would not connect. I have read in many other forums about other firewall programs that interfere with the Wii Wifi connect. Any body else run TM PC Cillin 2007 and can help me out.

Thanks,

Funky

I'll have to check the code to make sure. I was in a hurry and didn't remeber to write it down.

The error code I get is 51040. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That error number seems pretty generic but it looks like your Wii is not connected to the wireless. Have you made more than one connection profile on the Wii and if so did you choose the right one?

Does the program with the USB connection show the Wii as being connected?

When I first installed the USB connector I had to turn off the firewall to enable the Wii to connect to the internet. At that time my computer said that it was connected. Now when I try it, it doesn't even say it is connected (with or without the firewall being on).
Last night I uninstalled the program and hope to try a re-install and connect again to tonight.
The firewall is going to be a problem, anyone else use PC-Cillin? If so, what is the work around?

Thanks

Well it looks like your just going to have to turn your firewall off..

Back