Another pitch; Make the Photo Channel useful!

Spyro

Wii60
Jul 11, 2007
Ok, so most of you read my Wii Chat Pitch, now here's one for the Photo Channel.

Let's say you're playing Madden or Fifa or perhaps even RE4. You make an awesome play on Madden and you go to the instant replay and you see a still shot that just looks flippin awesome and you're thinking "I wish my friends could see this!". Or what if you're playing Brawl and you just blew the crap out of the other 3 players and you want your other friends to see it for your bragging purposes.

Well, what if they COULD see it?

{-} Add a button/feature to the Home Button menu that takes a screenshot of the game
{-}The button takes a screenshot of the game at the point you hit the Home button and sends the shot to your photo channel
{-}Congrats, you can now send this screen shot in a Wiimail to any of your friends!

I like your idea! It'd be even better if on Fifa we could save those special over-head kicks and 40 yard lobs, and send them...but for now I like the sound of takin screen shots, nice thinking.

There's nothing to worry about in SSBB since SSBM allowed you to take in-game screenshots. This would be a great feature for other games that don't allow it though.

I would love to work for the Nintendo creative team. The idea actually started as Madden replays and I thought it would be cool to send short clips of them over Wiimail but that would take a very long time to send.

I dont hope that the game will be paused for other players though !!!

Thats one thing you will have to think about. When in multi-player you need to pause the game for one guy to acces the home menu and press screen shot. Lot of extra coding and game time gone to waste.

Nice idea but dont count on it. Im not using the photo channel at all. So it would be nice to actually use it ;)

Thats a great idea man, keep this coming I enjoy reading them.
Even if you worked with anything in video games that would be cool, if you go that route good luck to you my friend.

Obviously you couldn't pause the game and hault the gameplay for all 4 players in Brawl, but you could definitely do this when playing on single player mode in any game.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, but i'm not doing it for reps (though I don't mind them at all!). I just like to share my ideas. However it doesn't always work out well for me, haha. Though, the Nintendo crowd isn't as harsh! Wii ROCK! (pun intended)

Anyways, I just thought of something really funny today while playing the 1985 Super Mario Bros. game on Virtual Console. I'm sure you've all seen those "PWNT!" pictures where you can see something bad obviously about about to happen to an unsuspecting person. (see example: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/Iamzebrahead/water_pwned.jpg)

I think it'd be great if you could catch yourself right before dying a really stupid and funny death on SMB or some other game and take a screen shot and start a "I got got pwned" picture thread.

Back