Another USB Adapter POST!

Zori

Wii Owner Since Launch
Oct 31, 2006
I got the WiFi USB Connector finally. Plugged it into the PC and not WII so rule that out immediately. I installed the software, rule that out immediately. It's plugged in the green light is blinking. The Wii connects to the Registration Tool. Then I tried a connection test, ZoneAlarm said its trying to gain access I put always allow. Didn't work. Windows Firewall is turned off, doesnt work. Turned off all security on my router and ZoneAlarm, doesnt work. Tried with the extendor cable and without. Any suggestions?

When my friend read that post he started laughing cuz I was expecting it to be my savior post. lol. I've tried all that, I've followed manual I've put in error codes I've gone to every page on the support.nintendo site I can find.

@ Csi guy: People ask here for opinions FROM the members, not to be told by one or two members to go look somewhere else.

Bump for 6+ hours of trial and error leading to desperosity.

Zori said:
I got the WiFi USB Connector finally. Plugged it into the PC and not WII so rule that out immediately. I installed the software, rule that out immediately. It's plugged in the green light is blinking. The Wii connects to the Registration Tool. Then I tried a connection test, ZoneAlarm said its trying to gain access I put always allow. Didn't work. Windows Firewall is turned off, doesnt work. Turned off all security on my router and ZoneAlarm, doesnt work. Tried with the extendor cable and without. Any suggestions?

Faulty hardware? Try on a mates pc.

I had a problem with my Nintendo Wi-Fi Usb Connector, not the same problem as you, but while looking through pages of nintendo mumbo jumbo I found a page that said that the Nintendo Wi-Fi Usb Connector does not work with ZoneAlarm, and that if you had ZoneAlarm you need to uninstall it, and that reinstalling it will only wreck the connection. Why, I haven't a clue. I don't have the page address, but If I find it I will tell you it.

Last edited:
@csiguy: I called, ended up with some fruit who talked to me for 15 mins about his life. Then he couldn't figure out what was wrong and said I'd get an email or something, but I doubt it.

@jez:Good idea, but by mischance my brothers processor burned out D: But I don't think it could be faulty hardware cuz they find eachother no prob.

Thanks for the ideas guys I'm gonna look into using a friend's pc. I found a few guys on other forums with the same problem, but they couldn't get em fixed either.

edit:Affores I thought that might be the prob to, but I've tried completely shutting off ZoneAlarm and still no luck, but maybe it is the problem.

Afforess said:
Zori said:
ZoneAlarm said its trying to gain access I put always allow. Didn't work. QUOTE]

I had a problem with my Nintendo Wi-Fi Usb Connector, not the same problem as you, but while looking through pages of nintendo mumbo jumbo I found a page that said that the Nintendo Wi-Fi Usb Connector does not work with ZoneAlarm, and that if you had ZoneAlarm you need to uninstall it, and that reinstalling it will only wreck the connection. Why, I haven't a clue. I don't have the page address, but If I find it I will tell you it.
zonealarm does work for me
this is how i did it
open zonealarm /click firewall tab /then click zones tab /set nintendo wifi usb to trusted (instead of internet)
then click main tab /then set both internet zone security and trusted zone security to medium....also make sure the program is allowed

Well I'm typing from my wii right now! uninstalled zonealarm and got a diff error went through a bunch of stuff an changed channel from 1 to 11 an it got on!

Back