Another Wii Zelda

Darkside7000

Luke Perry for President!
Dec 1, 2006
Australia
I heard the next Zelda was for DS, not Wii. I dont mind has my little brother has a DS and I could get it for that, but i'd really prefer a Wii version. Anyone know if there is going to be another Wii Zelda? I know N64 got 2, but GC only got 1.

the next zelda game i think is called phantom hourglass which i think takes place in the wind waker world but it is for the DS, also Zelda:TP was orginally for the GC, but they speed it up and got it out as a release title for the Wii, TP is coming out for the gamecube in December. but since the wii jsut came out couple weeks ago and there is many years till the next new consoles comes out we will probably see a new zelda game for the Wii sooner or later.

yes the next zelda is phnatom hourglass, and takes place after windwaker. Im guessing the next wii zelda wont be for about 4 years.

There will be another zelda on Wii.

And phantom hour glass looks TIGHT for DS. You actually get to use the stylus to draw where you want your boomerang to go.

Cap'n Crunch said:
yes the next zelda is phnatom hourglass, and takes place after windwaker. Im guessing the next wii zelda wont be for about 4 years.

Let's hope so, they marveled with success in Z:TP, it'll be hard to top its own personal best.

Stocken said:
also Zelda:TP was orginally for the GC, but they speed it up and got it out as a release title for the Wii, TP is coming out for the gamecube in December.
from what ive heard, TP was supposed to come out a while ago, but they held off its release so that it could be for the wii. i think the GC version is coming out later because they want to advertise the wii more.

If you look at it this way, there were 3 Zelda titles for Gamecube. Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventure, and now Twilight Princess. So im hoping they will squeeze at least one more Zelda title out on the Wii, maybe if we're lucky we'll get three.

BlightedArt said:
If they dished out another Zelda within the next year, I dunno if I'd buy it.

Z:TP... How long did they work on that?

Remember how much faster MM can out after OoT? I'm guessing because they already have one Wii Zelda the next one wont take as long to create as they can reuse the same game engine etc.

Phantom Hourglass looks cool, as all Zelda games have turned out to be (except for the CD-i games *shudders*). There were actually quite a few for the GCN, if you're including the promo disks (Master Quest and the Collector's Edition).

I'm hoping they don't just hurry for another Zelda game, because for the next Wii Zelda game, they need to design it specifically for the Wii, with improved graphics, sound (Fully orchestrated music PLEASE! =[[), and hopefully a storyline with even MORE emotion, plot twists, etc. (I LOVE plot twists, like in Tales of Symphonia).

he probly beat it just to tell you zelda is said to have updates on wiiconnect24 to add more content meaning more dungeuns and maybe multiplayer online :)

TP online would be insane! but i want ssbb to come out! link looks shweet on it

Stocken said:
...Zelda:TP was orginally for the GC, but they speed it up and got it out as a release title for the Wii, TP is coming out for the gamecube in December. but since the wii jsut came out couple weeks ago and there is many years till the next new consoles comes out we will probably see a new zelda game for the Wii sooner or later.

As you stated, Z:TP was originaly for gamecube, so I would expect they already had in the pipeline, a Zelda specifically for Wii. Being as the Wii original Zelda would need more time to work on, i.e. increased graphics and better use of the control scheme, they probably thought last year, "lets quickly mod the last GC Zelda and add the Wii controls, so it can keep the people going till this Zelda".
With a Zelda upon release of the new system they can see how gamers embrace its arrival, and listen to feed back, then add/take away things from the other Zelda, making it seem like it was going to be that way all along.

Back