Any bass guitar players?

ThatGuy127

ThatGuy127
Nov 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
5877-9874-6442-6751
I've had a bass guitar for about a year or two now, and I am just getting around to trying to be awesome with it. Anybody else here play bass? Do you have any tips on getting good, or any hand exercises? What are your favorite songs to practice/play?

My friend does too. He's been drumming since he was twelve and is amazing (we're both fourteen by the way). He's been drummer for I think 4 bands so far. We're trying to start a band with our other friend who's great on guitar. I'm ok at bass, but I need to get a lot better.

i've been playin bass for about 3-4 years...one question.

are you good?

Harder Bands to play
The Red Hot Chili Peppers-Flea is incredible!
Mars Volta
Motion City Soundtrack
Rage Against The Machine

Easier Bands to play
The White Stripes
Wolfmother
Arctic Monkeys
Beck

These are all bands for n00bs..theres harder ones out there...but try the hard bands if your good. I don't do warm ups...all of these bands songs are great to play along with.

I'm not that good... I can play it, but it'll take me a while to get it down. I've tried playing along with a few RHCP songs, but they're way too hard for my level... but I try anyway lol. I don't really have any finger exercises or warm-ups. I don't even set aside a time to practice. While I'm in my room, I'll just feel like picking it up and playing. Right now I'm practicing the intro to Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas. Good tune, but I still seem a little choppy. And I don't use all of my fingers. I use just my pointer finger for frets, occasionally my ring or middle finger if the next one is right next to it; and for strumming, I mainly use my pointer and a few times use my middle finger. Do you have any tips for getting better or building finger strength?

ThatGuy127 said:
And I don't use all of my fingers. I use just my pointer finger for frets, occasionally my ring or middle finger if the next one is right next to it; and for strumming, I mainly use my pointer and a few times use my middle finger. Do you have any tips for getting better or building finger strength?

Dude..you've gotta use all of your four fingers for the frets. To get better at doing that..and finger strength..on the first 4 frets use your pointer, middle, ring, and pinky fingers and go down the E,A,D, and G strings..but only on the first 4 frets..do it while your watching TV or something..it should help bulid up your finger strength and use all 4 fingers insted of just your pointer.

Cool, thanks. I didn't think of that.

What kind of bass do you have? I have a 5-string OLP.

doo helllllllllllllllla pinky excersies and work out your forearms causse thatll lead to finger strength which you can move faster and stuff then. work on scales. i did scales for about..6 months then started with the white stripes, then yellowcard, then red hot chilli peppers. start slow then work faster. and practice on a pencil or pen when your somewhere bored ahha.

ive played for about...5 years now. ive stopped playin cause im not in a band anymore. but i can still pick up and kick ass ahhaha.

im a drummer but we have a bassist thats a beast

I don't play it, but I'd like to share this ^^
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkgkp1PCQuE[/MEDIA]

Back