Any christians in the place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the ideas are holding back the scientific community.

I have nothing against Christians, I just don't believe there is a place for the beliefs in modern society.

Brawny said:
And you think we like things such as abortion in the modern world?
No, I don't believe in abortion either.

I just think Christian beliefs are outdated.

Brawny said:
Outdated? Do you actually have specific examples or must we generalize everything?
God created stars and the moon to light the skies.

The moon does not emit light, and stars are many times larger than the "light-sources" they are made out to be.

Obviously this was a mediocre example.

There are so many inconsistencies in there it could have only been believed that long ago.

FRuMMaGe said:

The moon does not emit light, and stars are many times larger than the "light-sources" they are made out to be.

There are so many inconsistencies in there it could have only been believed that long ago.

actually i am pretty sure that the entire or most of the book of Genesis is made up, stories early chrisitans used to describe things. if adam and eve were real wouldnt we all be inbred? i think what they were aiming for is true though, at some point in time, God sparked life. that's what I believe.

EDIT: Also at the time of writing the Bible there was probably no possible way to know the things which you disproved, theyre just trying to say God created everything.

Clearly, you have had no experience with Christianity first-hand at all.

You are taking it much too literally. I, myself, follow theistic evolution when it comes to creation.

Ever heard of METAPHORS?

At least dedpoet knows what he's actually against.

samXcor3 said:
actually i am pretty sure that the entire or most of the book of Genesis is made up, stories early chrisitans used to describe things. if adam and eve were real wouldnt we all be inbred? i think what they were aiming for is true though, at some point in time, God sparked life. that's what I believe.

EDIT: Also at the time of writing the Bible there was probably no possible way to know the things which you disproved, theyre just trying to say God created everything.

Genesis is a load of poppycock. It makes me laugh, now that is outdated, what do you think the New Testament is for?

You have obviously never read any of the Bible. >_>

Brawny said:
Clearly, you have had no experience with Christianity first-hand at all.

You are taking it much too literally. I, myself, follow theistic evolution when it comes to creation.

Ever heard of METAPHORS?

At least dedpoet knows what he's actually against.
I am well aware that the book of Genesis is widely accepted as a guide or a metaphor. I was just quoting an obviously wrong section if taken literally.

I am just pointing out that many of the theories and notions put forth have since been disproved.

FRuMMaGe said:

If by mediocre you mean craptacular, then yes :lol:

FRuMMaGe said:
I am well aware that the book of Genesis is widely accepted as a guide or a metaphor. I was just quoting an obviously wrong section if taken literally.

I am just pointing out that many of the theories and notions put forth have since been disproved.

When the hell were metaphors taken literally? Hahahaha.

Frogger said:
When the hell were metaphors taken literally? Hahahaha.
I am saying that when the Bible was first written, everything in there was taken literally and was believed as historically accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back