Any christians in the place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mc_Evan said:
Hey I was just wondering how did god get there did he magicly apear how did he creat every thing does god have a mom and dad a sister a brother ? What langue does he speak ? What race is he ? Can you answer this please
If we knew this, we'd be God him/her/itself.

I just don't think the whole if you aren't Christian you are going to hell thing is wrong.

I believe you will go to heaven(if it exists) as long as you are a good person. Why would any god leave no true proof that he exist yet banish all that don't believe to hell?

But what defines a "good" person? I believe there are many "Christians" (I being one of them right now) that are so going to hell.

Second, he did leave plenty of proof. People are just too blind to see it. Ever heard of that Jesus guy?

Brawny said:
But what defines a "good" person? I believe there are many "Christians" (I being one of them right now) that are so going to hell.

Second, he did leave plenty of proof. People are just too blind to see it. Ever heard of that Jesus guy?

A good person is someone who tries to be nice to others and does what they believe is right IMO.

And as for Jesus, he was not the only person at the time claiming they were the messiah. And that happened 2000 years ago, so how do you know it actually happened? You do know that the bible was edited by kings right?

By proof I mean clear as day proof. Something that happened over 2000 years ago is not good enough proof for me. If god exists he knows there are tons of people who do not believe. why does he not come out straight forward and open up their eyes?

Because that's not how it works. It's called FREE WILL. There's nothing he'd love more than for all to love him, but what kind of love is it that isn't freely given?

Brawny said:
Because that's not how it works. It's called FREE WILL. There's nothing he'd love more than for all to love him, but what kind of love is it that isn't freely given?

Well then it is pretty cruel of him to let those who have never seen the proof go to hell.

There's a difference between justice and cruelty.

What kind of "proof" are you talking about? When Christians try to evangelize, we get killed.

Brawny said:
Second, he did leave plenty of proof.
That is the proof that I was talking about.

And where is the justice in sending someone who is raised a different religion and is taught to believe only that to hell?

Their fault for following blindly?

Don't think I'm a Christian just because that's what I was raised. I have been going through a long search.

Brawny said:
Their fault for following blindly?

Some people do not have any of the resources to do any research on other religions. Plus their families would likely look down upon them for changing their religion if they did. And it's not an easy choice...

Mc_Evan said:
Religion and every thing... This thread will go on for ever you guys having this discussion(unless its closed)

Yeah that is definitely true. Every point will have a counter point. Nobody can say they truly know the right answer.

So I'm gonna stop.

I've decided to leave this thread open as I see no point in closing it. However, if this thread gets out of hand and or some members resort to flaming/insulting others belief's I shall close this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back