Any experience with Linksys WAP54G? (wireless access point)

Not you Pluto 2 read the quote....

If 4 have been posted as non compatible routers then you shouldn't purchase one of those routers... good start?

so you are saying anything else will work? Doesn't sound like it if you regard how many users there is that are having problems with different brands and models.

Not saying anything else will work, lets keep this in mind. The system is still kind of new and will have bugs and problems that Nintendo is un-aware of. Just like any other new hardware it's a trial and error basis. If it works it works, but if they know that the posted routers do not work then you at least know that much right?

Guess so, it still doesn't give me enough piece in mind though to just choose "whatever" :p

idea

go to diferent game stores around you and ask wich one they are using to demonstrate not all stores do the online demo but gamemania stores do and buy the same they use

well we'll see what I'll do thanks for all answers nevertheless. and if anyone here really tried the WAP54G please do speak out :p

How about this: I use a Netgear WGR613V and it works perfectly fine.

What is everyone else using so we know what works?

does the wii use the same wifi technology as the DS because my router only has a 2 star rating in there list of compatible routers.

Avais100 said:
does the wii use the same wifi technology as the DS because my router only has a 2 star rating in there list of compatible routers.

Nope different Wifi card in the DS from the Wii. From what I understand the one in the Wii is used by some of the portable computers out there. Obviously not mini-pci but it has the same chipset used by most wireless adapters in laptops.

I have a USR8054 works fine. Turn off the firewall and use the WAP only feature and its great.

You mean WEP right? And dcofty is correct people if you have a firewall on your router, avoid all the work and just disable it and enable WEP. In the long run a soft firewall will work alot easier then using the router's firewall.

Pluto2,

I am running a linksys WAP54G wireless access point. I bought it primarily for the Wii to connect to my old wired network. After running through the setup CD included with the WAP, setting such things as "mixed" mode (allowing G and B wireless), entering my WEP key into the Wii, etc. I've been able to connect every time with no problems.

I wanted a wireless access point into my old wired network to allow future access for things like a laptop, etc. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Back