Any hope Madden 08 will one day be fixed?

bodean

Red
Jul 3, 2007
St. Louis
Wii Online Code
0472-2704-5666-6882
EA's Madden 08 for 360, PS3 & Wii filled with bugs - EA branded unsatisfactory by Bureau

For the Wii:

• Kickers missing many of their field goal attempts in SuperStar mode
• Regular system freezes
• Connection problems during online play
• Substantial lag during online play
• Offensive players, including quarterbacks, being placed on special teams plays
• Quarterbacks often don't hand off the ball as they are supposed to during running plays
• 'No huddles' occur at random
• “No huddles' result in offsides penalties
• Quarterbacks automatically throwing the ball as soon as it is hiked

all these problems will be fixed! (madden 09) good thing im nto a football for or id be pretty pissed about this game.

i don't think it will. EA already got our money, why would they spend it on us?

SensesFail said:
all these problems will be fixed! (madden 09) good thing im nto a football for or id be pretty pissed about this game.
Huh?
Were all these problems in 07?

I think he meant they should be addressed in Madden 09...which I don't think they will. Most, but they'll get something wrong.

I think I'm done with Madden on the Wii until they're actually serious with it again which entails 1) Ditch the appeal to families crap. 2) No more PS2 ports, it's just too disappointing.
I normally don't like making graphics an issue, and it normally isn't...but after playing it so often on the 360 at a friend's house, there are a lot of small details that are just disappointing when they're absent from the Wii. They did so well with 07, and that was an incredible game, but I was just constantly aggravated with 08. If TRU didn't have so many deals for it (and essentially reduced its price to $15 on launch week), I would've been pissed with my purchase.

Oh, and as for 08 getting fixed: Nah, I highly doubt it. Maybe if there were more people to play it online they would maybe stick it on their list of things to do, but as the community stands now, I feel like they may see it more cost effective not to bother with anything but roster updates.

bodean said:
EA's Madden 08 for 360, PS3 & Wii filled with bugs - EA branded unsatisfactory by Bureau

For the Wii:

• Kickers missing many of their field goal attempts in SuperStar mode
• Regular system freezes
• Connection problems during online play
• Substantial lag during online play
• Offensive players, including quarterbacks, being placed on special teams plays
• Quarterbacks often don't hand off the ball as they are supposed to during running plays
• 'No huddles' occur at random
• “No huddles' result in offsides penalties
• Quarterbacks automatically throwing the ball as soon as it is hiked

more Wii version bugs
  • punts that on replay are clearly out of bounds before the endzone get called as a touchback
  • the camera view for most challenges is 50 yards away from the action
  • using the joystick and the B button on Defense to show fake plays causes the defender to move around the field
  • calling any type of line shift or audible while the selected defender is not yet in position causes the defender to freeze out of position.
  • The drum motion can sometimes get running backs out of three or four tacklers
  • yesterday the booth challenged a play and after we watched the replay several times it was clear that the review was terribly wrong

I'm sure there are more. This game is so poorly done it's a real disappointment. Is this a GC port? Was the GC version horrible? Did it even exist?

just rented Madden 08 again.

more Wii version bugs
  • computer opponent often chooses pouch kick instead of field goal on extra points
  • can only switch defensive players in one direction before snap
  • incomplete passes bounce off way too many players
  • running backs drag heavy tacklers 7 or 8 yards regularly
  • computer QB leaves back to offensive line after play action hand-off fake until the pass is thrown.

"Quarterbacks automatically throwing the ball as soon as it is hiked..."

This one makes me sick!

Wii > You said:
"Quarterbacks automatically throwing the ball as soon as it is hiked..."

This one makes me sick!

This one is not a fault in the game, it is how you snap that causes this problem.

When you snap the wiimote up to snap the ball, if you try to stop the action quickly, you WILL twitch the wiimite forward and it will pass the ball. Just stop snapping the wiimote up as fast, and let the motion end itself (with the wiimote in the "up" position, and the problem will go away.

Maleko said:
This one is not a fault in the game, it is how you snap that causes this problem.

When you snap the wiimote up to snap the ball, if you try to stop the action quickly, you WILL twitch the wiimite forward and it will pass the ball. Just stop snapping the wiimote up as fast, and let the motion end itself (with the wiimote in the "up" position, and the problem will go away.

While you might technically be right, and I don't quick throw it as much now, I think that it IS a problem with Madden's routine for reading the wiimote input. They need to rework that programming.

i dont have any of these problems....maybe its just ur copy

Back