any insomniac's out there

mushroomedmario

ssb4life
May 5, 2007
Waterloo, ontario, canada
Wii Online Code
5701-4561-7633-7008
well i keep getting different stats on to what percent of people have insomnia, but it's usually above 10(as high as 40%)

as a person to have insomnia myself, i have tried most of the common methods(ie. eating 2 hours before sleeping, working out 5 hours before sleeping) and i found the most effective way is to read before trying to get to sleep

hwoever
a) even that usually dosn't work, as i feel amazingly tired but after 10 minutes of not falling asleep im' back to being wide awake again
b) i just don't suddenly become tired, it happens overtiem from reading, and usually i find myself reading the same sentence over and over again
usually i find myself reading the same sentence over and over again

and it's really hardcore annoying, and i usually lose my page(again really annoying)

so does anyone else here have insomnia, and what is the way that you find most effective for falling asleep?

mine is something semi-illegal, and just from posting this im' sure the people mature enough to know what is, knows what it is

DRMARIO said:
I don't have Insomnia, but I find falling asleep very difficult. I go to bed, and lie awake for several hours, and then eventually drift off. So usually I only get about four/five hours sleep a night.
So nowadays I just stay awake until the early hours of the morning, usually watching god damn boring television, until I fall asleep.

sounds like insomnia to me....

I think I used to have difficulty sleeping at summer times when I'd just totally reverse my sleeping pattern, getting it into normal was a kick up the ass but I think it's because I just stay awake longer than usual.

Not being able to sleep isn't insomnia, you have to suffer from it for a looong time before it's classed as insomnia. Hell, it could even be your bed just being uncomfortable, flip the mattress.

DRMARIO said:
OOOh my bed's fantastic XD
I love my bed, coomfiest thing in the world :D
My Great Nan bought it for herself before she died..and it was made especially because she had a bad back, so I took it when we cleared her house.

Buuut emma, I've had this problem since I was a young child..

LOOKY HERE. Days used to be 30 hours long back when humans originated, obviously, we were meant to stay awake much longer, yeah, we got accustomed to it. But there's still a few people who just won't sleep.

Now do you want a discussion going here or not? Because I've got alllll night.

And I hate my bed, it's one of those hippo and bird things. :(
In fact, I have two beds...

hmmm.....i have insomnia....i think....or i have too much energy......im awake for 3 days now.....i havent slept yet and i dont feel tired

walking might work.....sometimes helps me

Frogger said:
I think I used to have difficulty sleeping at summer times when I'd just totally reverse my sleeping pattern, getting it into normal was a kick up the ass but I think it's because I just stay awake longer than usual.

Not being able to sleep isn't insomnia, you have to suffer from it for a looong time before it's classed as insomnia. Hell, it could even be your bed just being uncomfortable, flip the mattress.

well various sites say different

http://www.4women.gov/faq/insomnia.htm said:
What are the different types of insomnia and what causes them?
Insomnia can be:

Transient (short term) insomnia lasts from a single night to a few weeks.
Intermittent (on and off) insomnia is short term, which happens from time to time.
Chronic (on-going) insomnia occurs at least 3 nights a week over a month or more.
Chronic insomnia is either primary or secondary:

Primary insomnia is not related to any other health problem.

Secondary insomnia can be caused by a medical condition (such as cancer, asthma, or arthritis), drugs, stress or a mental health problem (such as depression), or a poor sleep environment (such as too much light or noise, or a bed partner who snores).

allthough my bed is very uncomfortable, i still can't sleep anywhere else....and i always sleep in because of it

so you don't have to have sleeping problems for a long time before you are considered to have insomnia, it's just not as bad as someone who has it for a while(me, i haven't been able to sleep very well since fall)

however i think my case is far worse than others....as i can never fall asleep, and there is says chornic's can't sleep 3/4 times per week

Last edited:
Usually, when I was putting off doing homework I'd stay awake, knowing that I was tired and lazing about online, I had to leave some time for me to do my work. So, knowing I wasn't going to bed would be there to let me do my homework eventually, I'd just fall asleep in school.

I should be doing some coursework right now but I'm stuck, so, again, I'm just going to stay awake and get around to it later. It's a habit, not insomnia.

Ahaha, I used to make bets on who could stay awake the longest in summer time with my friends. I always won, but we'd both be sitting there at 7am typing to one another on MSN, it'd just go on and on, night after night. I guess you can say I just got good at it.

Right now, three days into half term, I've been waking up at noon, which is considerably ealier than what I used to get up. I'd used to wake up at say, 6pm? Yeah, I used to be like that. It's just me not having anything to do in a day for me to wake up for, there's nothing stopping me from sleeping in, so that's what I did.

I gotta get out more.

What do you call it when you don't need much sleep and you;d rather stay up and play Wii, thats my case, I sleep a lot less then all my friends

zurukea said:
What do you call it when you don't need much sleep and you;d rather stay up and play Wii, thats my case, I sleep a lot less then all my friends

i'm not sure if there's a term fo rit, you're matabolism is just different

i have insomnia, only way i can get to sleep is if i trick myself into falling asleep by trying to stay awake and watch tv/read book/listen to podcast, i take a subscribed sleeping pill (that hardly helps) and many times a month i will just not go to sleep on a week night and just stay awake till i go to school then go to sleep regularly--hopefully. during the summer since i have no reason to get myself to go to sleep i will stay up a couple days straight. my body is weird because i never feel tired unless ive stayed up for a couple days straight, this makes it easy for me to never sleep a night and still be fully active the next day. whatever, its sometimes fun knowing i get more out of the day than most people but whatever.

Frogger said:
LOOKY HERE. Days used to be 30 hours long back when humans originated, obviously, we were meant to stay awake much longer, yeah, we got accustomed to it. But there's still a few people who just won't sleep.

Now do you want a discussion going here or not? Because I've got alllll night.

And I hate my bed, it's one of those hippo and bird things. :(
In fact, I have two beds...
30 hours long!! what?! prove it!

When I go to bed...for some reason it hurts when I close my eyes...I eventually fall asleep but it's been bugging me for awhile

Back