Any musicians here?

so is anyone currently playing in a band ?
I havent performed for about 5 years , I hated being on stage most of the time !

@gikoku : So what can u play so far ?
@bongo: so can u play the lead solo from "stir it up" Bob Marley

Last edited:
I certainly can, that was one of the 1st Bob Marley track I practised on and played , also redemption song . Another great guitar track was " dust in the wind" by kansas.

bongoman said:
Another great guitar track was " dust in the wind" by kansas.
Never heard of it , ill look it up on youtube n check it out

if I remember rightly I think " waitin in vain " has got a killer lead part too

el-zilcho said:
@gikoku : So what can u play so far ?

So far, i can play "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath. I want to learn more songs from guys like Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Loudness and such.. but i need to make more room for practice time.

As you can tell ^^... I'm not currently in a band. But who knows, when i get better, maybe I'll start looking around for someone to jam with.

waiting in vain is heavy ! that ranks up with the best simple to play and easy on the ears , as it with great songs the simplest are the best ; they stand the test of time . re: dust in wind type in either the track title " dust in the wind or kansas it should bring it up . Aslo there is tutorial in you tube if you want to learn how to play it .

@bongoman
Dust in the Wind is a nice tune , great lyrics . Pretty standard pick patterns throughout , very folky in style .

@All the guitarists , post up the titles of any tunes you think are a must learn to play , it will give us all a good place to find new material

I think that "Babe im gonna leave you" led zeppelin is a great song to learn if you are getting into fingerpicking .
"Blackbird" by the Beatles is also good for learning to fingerpick

Aye. I'm a flutist and pianist.
I'd love to play the guitar but everytime I try it hurts my fingers like hell :\

el-zilcho said:
yeah my nephew is a mean drummer

I think you have to push yourself with an instrument if you're serious about it or you just kinda stagnate

so do u play in a band SSBB??
Nah, no time. I'm either playing tennis, sleeping, or doing something school related. I play drums a lot, but no time for a band.

@spcmaspif
do you remember the 1st tune you ever learned ?
mine was blowin in the wind : bob dylan

@celeste : wimp!!

Last edited:
I play guitar and drums.

I've played guitar for years. I always had them around, but I've never taken lessons. When I was young, I would pretty much use a guitar as a noisemaker. Wasn't until later that I actually learned songs. I think the first song I learned was Lithium by Nirvana. ha, that was a long time ago.

I have been playing drums for about 5 years now. Main influences are ?uestlove, Stanton Moore, John Bonham, Brain, and Claude Coleman. At least those are the ones I can think of now.

I play drums in a band now. We mostly play rock and reggae. I never get to choose the songs, but I write most of our original stuff.

I wanna learn piano, I practise a lot hoping to learn, but I probably need lots and lots of lessons... BUT! I can play Fur Elise! lol I love it. Anyone feel like teaching me to play piano?

@All the guitarists , post up the titles of any tunes you think are a must learn to play , it will give us all a good place to find new material

Canon Rock - JerryC.. This is a good song for practicing good scales and advanced guitar techniques(Sweeping and some tapping mainly)

For the love of God - Steve Vai.. This is an even better song for practicing advanced stuff because it uses alot of techniques(Shredding, Whammy Bar control)

el-zilcho said:
so is anyone currently playing in a band ?
I havent performed for about 5 years , I hated being on stage most of the time !

i used to be in a band called counterfit pennies. (yes we spelled it wrong on purpose) we were basically rock / "emo-rock". we were together 6 years and played at the trocadero in philly as well as bamboozle festival 07 in the meadow lands. sadly we broke up because of college. i am now in a band called hopes high. i dunno whats gonna happen in sumemr though because those guys all live up here and im not trying to drive a couple hours for band practice. oh yeah i play drums. :)

Back