Any New MLB/Baseball Games for Wii?

halo16

WiiChat Member
Nov 24, 2007
Orange County,Ca
Hello all,

I think this the correct forum, I got a Wii for the kids for Christmas..cough cough me too. Do you know if there will be any Baseball games for this system? I know about the one in the 5 sports and the Bigs(not sure how that one is??) I'm asking about the one like PS3/xbox360 has??

There is a game called MLB Power Pros or something. It's sort of like Backyard Baseball.

Mario Baseball will be out in the Spring. Right now your options are "The Bigs" (Also out on 360 and PS3) And MLB Power Pros is also out there.

But it sounds like "The Bigs" is for you.

EDIT: Check out info on The Bigs

Last edited:
Wow, thank you!! you guys dont play around here (no pun intended lol)

I will have to check out the Bigs,Power Pro's. I have a lot to learn about the system, and cant wait to play it. Were all big baseball fans

I am really looking forward to a GOOD baseball game that has multiplayer online play. Hope to see something like that soon. Will stick to MLB 2K7 on the 360 for now.

From what I've heard MLB Power Pros is the best one and is ranked pretty high in gamerankings.com. Some people don't find the visual style appealing, though. However, I've heard the different modes of play are pretty deep. I wanted to get it at TRU but it was sold out during the Buy 2 get 1 Free sale. I may get it next week, though.

If you want to read reviews.

MLB Power Pros
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/939498.asp?q=mlb power pros

The Bigs
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/936450.asp?q=bigs

Power Pros has an 85%. The Bigs has a 67%. Ouch!

However, the Xbox 360 version of The Bigs got an 81%. It's possible that the Wii version has crap controls or something. Sadly, that's one thing a lot of 3rd parties are having trouble with is getting the control scheme right with the Wii.

Last edited:
If you want an arcade baseball game, get The Bigs. If you want a simulation baseball game, get MLB Power Pros.

It's as simple as that.

i have mlb power pros and I love it, alot of modes to play like HR derby, season mode and all..i rented the bigs and it was sort of cheesy, was fun but got boring fast. im still hooked on power pros, its amazing, although the characters are not realistic looking it still makes up a great baseball game

I'm gonna pick up Power Pros tomorrow. Looks fun. Is there any online gameplay with Power Pros?? Anyone know??? Thanks.

Back