Any news on a hardrive for the wii yet?

Lastking23

WiiChat Member
Nov 12, 2007
Wii Online Code
5382-7503-5475-5536
I haven't heard anything yet and kinda sad really, I mean look at the psp its coming with a 16gb memory stick. Why can't Nintendo make a hard drive yet? I mean so many more things could be added to the wii if it got one and could make it so much better. Anyways, any news about it?

Other than that, anyone planning to get that wireless nunchuk? I am not thinking of getting one at the moment, not unless it comes with a wrist strap too I mean it could probably slip out of your hand too.

Nintendo said it was not going to happen but i think we need one and soon.......
*flys away in roflcoper*

a hard drive would deffinitely help nintendos business (Even though they dont really need it)

i agree we need a hard drive my internal memory is already full i really hate that. I would buy a hard drive the day it came out and i would almost bet that i am not the only out there that is in the same place as me. I dont know what i am going to do when the MMO Animal Crossing, and the downloadable content for SSBB. So Nintendo needs to step it up and help all of us.

Their solution of deleting and re-downloading VC games is completely retarded. I love Nintendo, but don't get me started on that or their fear of online gaming.

AnOffday said:
Their solution of deleting and re-downloading VC games is completely retarded. I love Nintendo, but don't get me started on that or their fear of online gaming.

I would say it's more of a lack of understanding rather than fear. Remember, Microsoft is a PC Software development house at it's core. Nintendo makes videogames. Which one do you think would have a firmer grasp on how to do online gaming right from the get go? Nintendo will most certainly learn from Microsoft and improve, it's just not gonna happen with this generation's console. Here's hoping Wii2 has a better online model than the Wii.

What about SD cards? they can give you 1-2 gbs, that should last for a long time for about anyone.

I personally see no reason for a hard drive

minto said:
Nintendo said it was not going to happen but i think we need one and soon.......
*flys away in roflcoper*

*shoots down hellicopter* "HAA HAA!"

yes we do need a hard drive upgrade, thats one of the wiis weaknesses

I just would prefer if we got a Firmware update that gave us the ability to hook our own hard drives into one of the USB ports on the back of the Wii. It would keep things easy and Nintendo wouldn't really have to do much.

Plus, I would rather have a 4 gig hard drive then a 1 gig SD.

nic7 said:
I just would prefer if we got a Firmware update that gave us the ability to hook our own hard drives into one of the USB ports on the back of the Wii. It would keep things easy and Nintendo wouldn't really have to do much.

Plus, I would rather have a 4 gig hard drive then a 1 gig SD.

ACTUALLY, some 4 gig sd cards do work

swordkirby said:
ACTUALLY, some 4 gig sd cards do work

Really? I've heard that it maxes out at 2 gigs. I still haven't seen a 4 gig SD card either that says "Wii compatible". Do you have a link or something?

I've got an 8gb flash drive:wink:

I wish i could actually watch movies, half way through it says wii memory is full.... Couldnt they provide an update that allows you to send the memory to ur SD card instead?

The Wii costs $250, it was meant for gaming not for multimedia. VC games are really small, you could fit alot of games in just a 1GB SD Card. I think the internal harddrive is like 512 Megs, which is more than enough for saved games.

External HD would be the last thing on the list, Nintendo needs to focus on improving online, getting some headsets, and getting some more hardcore 3rd party games. Unless you guys just want to watch movies and music. But if you guys wanted that, then Wii wouldn't have been so cheap. \

Back