any one get there pre-order on release day?

wiimustfight

WiiChat Member
Nov 17, 2006
i pre ordered a wii from currys and i was told i was 11th in the q to gt my wii and i was happy but i got a letter the day b4 release saying i cant have it maybe after x mas so i was asking neone got ne better places to get one or neone had the same problem?

pssh who needs a preorder, I picked up mine while waiting for launch at a 24hr walmart for 12 hours, twas awesome, then I got one for my cuz for xmas at gamestop right when I walked in, good timing cus UPS just dropped them by and I was the last person

Igot mine

I preordered mine from Gamestation and got a phonecall few weeks ago and got invited to the store for the midnight opening!!!

I got mine at 12pm and played wii sports till 4am!! lol

Recommend Gamestation as got my xbox 360 asap 2 x :crazy:

Audioillity said:
i ordered mine from woolworths last saturday, was 45th in line, and yes i got it :D

What the...I preordered from woolies like 3 weeks ago, and they said I couldnt get mine! The bastards!!!!!

Wiiired, where did you find out that you are getting it on monday or tuesday? I called the store I ordered from and they didnt even have a flippin clue what a wii was...knew I should have preordered from woolies website!

Told Wed+Thu from Argos that cos I didn't get a phone call telling me of a delay then I'd be getting it on release day (today). Told today by them that I wouldn't get it till next week. So I went out at 12 noon having sourced the one and only Blockbuster store that was expecting 2 in and bought them both.

Got home, phoned and cancelled my Argos order, put the phone down and the Argos delivery arrived!!! So I somehow got 3 Wii's on release day when I expected to get none!!!

Rajveer said:
What the...I preordered from woolies like 3 weeks ago, and they said I couldnt get mine! The bastards!!!!!

Wiiired, where did you find out that you are getting it on monday or tuesday? I called the store I ordered from and they didnt even have a flippin clue what a wii was...knew I should have preordered from woolies website!
From my local Woolworths where I preordered from. My Dad went in today to see whether the Wii was ready or not, in which they told him about the whole delivery thing, and that they've taken the money out of his back account, and that I'll get it Monday/Tuesday :) 'bout it really

I just checked my account and woolworths deducted £40...not the whole 290 or whatever it was.....lol

at least there is a nice stream of Wiis unlike the 360.

with the 360 i decided to get one less then a week b4 launch, luckily i knew some1 at a games store, so i got one, didnt even have to camp out like the poor buggers. sadly some people who had been waiting hours didnt get their 360 for months. lol

however with the wii, i pre-ordered like every other customer.

Back