Any parrot owners out there?

Chase&Fred

Parrot Lover
Jul 30, 2007
Caught Somewhere in Time
Wii Online Code
8655-2652-5242-9777
Just woundering if anyone else besides me owns a parrot(s). I have 9 parrots:

Fred-Quaker Parrot(The one in my avatar pic)
Felipa-Quaker Parrot
Poco-Budgie(parakeet)
Azul-Budgie
Sunny-Cockatiel
Meeco-Cockatiel
Mini-Cockatiel
Mr. Peepers-Canary
Kiwi-Lovebird

If you have any, post 'em! :)

My aunt has an African Grey, its really nasty it will bite you if it gets the chance, but its really smart and knows about 20 different words and sounds. (the microwave sound is hilarious, its right on and we think something is done in there) She's a trip.

LOL you should see my friends Cockatiel, it is so evil. If you even go near it it will attack you and **** on you. Its fun to trick though, like one thing we do it it is sit it on the edge of a counter and move our finger past its face in a downward direction so that it tries to bite you, but just hits its head on the counter. Its funny because it isn't smart enough to learn not to do it and will hit its head on the counter each time you do it.

Most of my family are allergic to feathers, but not me, so we can't have birds. I've heard parrots are quite expensive too.

I want one of those huge white ones with yellow feathers on their head in a mohawk fashion.

paintba||er said:
Only five of those are parrots......

Anyway, I don't have any and never have, but I have always wanted an African Grey. I would buy one now, but my ferret would probably eat it. :S

No cockatiels and parakeets are parrots. Anything with a hooked bill is considered a parrot. The canary is the only one that is not a parrot

A cockatoo is any of the 21 bird species belonging to the family Cacatuidae. Along with the Psittacidae family (the true parrots), they make up the order Psittaciformes.

Do what you please with that information because it's quite ambiguous...

I suppose I should have been more specific. What I meant was that tiels are 'visual' parrots, meaning they have a hooked bill, making them parrots. I understand that they do not share the same genus as other parrots, but nevertheless, they are still parrots because of their hooked bill. Other examples of this would be Amazon Parrots, Quaker(or Monk) Parrots, and Pionus Parrots. There is one exception to this, which is the Lorikeet. Because they primarily eat(or drink, w/e) nectar, they are referred to as 'soft bills' rather than hookbills.

Back