Any reason for UK delay?

Palms

WiiChat Member
Dec 13, 2006
I don't frequent these boards often so I'm sorry if this has been covered before. I'm sure it has, but I looked back a bit and couldn't see an answer to my question.

Given the fact that Brawl has already been released in Japan and is very soon to be released in America, why is it that the UK or any other European countries for that matter haven't even got a release date yet!? Surely it can't take that long to just convert to PAL. I mean, it's not like they have to change any of the gameplay or anything. Granted, they may have to record German and French etc. sound bites for the characters, but they did that for America and there was only a month or two delay. All i want is a freakin' release date. Is that too much to ask!?

Thanks

Well, there are several languages in Europe, while there is only one (in general) in America and Japan. So it does take a bit longer to get to the shelves.

But surely they can get a release date out. I mean, i obviously know nothing about making games, but it can't take longer than two months for such a big company like nintendo to translate the game into a few other languages.

Yeah we get Mario Kart first, but still, at least you have a release date for that game!

"well why doesnt australia have it we all speak english"

EXACTLY!

is it more expensive to import goods to Australia than to buy them locally? I know you guys get totally shafted on prices as well as releases.

So would it in theory be cheaper just to get an american wii and import your games via internet rather than wait forever and pay almost time and a half for something the rest of the world has had almost a year before you?

Not trying to sound cynical or rub it in anyone;s nose, I'm just honestly wondering why put up with the mistreatment when in today's internet age you can get goods from across the world in a few weeks time?

Back