Any Updates on Wii Remote for point & shoot?

Kainan

WiiChat Member
Jul 31, 2007
I was very disappointed when I found out how the pointer worked with the wii remote. I assumed since the laser technology has been used so many times even in very VERY old systems that they would use something similar for pointing with the wii remote. I AT LEAST expected some sort of calibration that you could do so it would have an idea of where you are pointing. I almost bought a gun controller for the gun games but I sure am glad that I didn't!! Who wants to stare down a gun site at the floor or a foot below the TV to shoot something that is half way up the screen? I HOPE they come up with an update to help with this. The wii remote is useless for old fashion shooting games and now I've lost my hope that we would get a Time Crisis type game for the wii because it just wouldn't be the same when you don't point at what you are trying to shoot. Anyone know of news about changing this up ? I made mine a little better by stacking a ton of CDs and/or DVDs in front of my tv so the remote sensor is absolutely as close to the bottom of the screen as you can get without covering part of the picture. The only thing is that this looks horrible when I have company.

Kainan said:
I was very disappointed when I found out how the pointer worked with the wii remote. I assumed since the laser technology has been used so many times even in very VERY old systems that they would use something similar for pointing with the wii remote. I AT LEAST expected some sort of calibration that you could do so it would have an idea of where you are pointing. I almost bought a gun controller for the gun games but I sure am glad that I didn't!! Who wants to stare down a gun site at the floor or a foot below the TV to shoot something that is half way up the screen? I HOPE they come up with an update to help with this. The wii remote is useless for old fashion shooting games and now I've lost my hope that we would get a Time Crisis type game for the wii because it just wouldn't be the same when you don't point at what you are trying to shoot. Anyone know of news about changing this up ? I made mine a little better by stacking a ton of CDs and/or DVDs in front of my tv so the remote sensor is absolutely as close to the bottom of the screen as you can get without covering part of the picture. The only thing is that this looks horrible when I have company.
get a sensor bar stand

to me it seem's like u screwed something up, example u put ur sensor bar on top of ur tv but in ur options its set for under the tv thats all i can thionk off since mine works perfectly fine

Point and shoot works fine for me.
I didn't understand what you were getting at there.

I agree with paintballer. Unless everything is perfectly setup, if you didn't have a cursor you'd be screwed. But all games do and in my opinion the wiimote beats all other controllers for 'shooting' except a mouse hands down.

i understand fine, i mean as easy as i find shooters on wii and how much i love em thats because im used to it, hell im even doin this on my wii. but in order to get the curser to bottom or top of screen iv got to point about a foot up or down. if you stick a laser pen to your remote you can tell its no pointin where u r actually pointing,

the best you can get it is if u r about 3 meters away from screen n sensor bar is in very good position,

p.s i love typing using wii because you get cool symbols (tell me if u can get them on pc aswell and how thnx)

>»»»◎☆○◇□△←→↑↓♪ζδλξφψΘΞΛΣΠΦΨΩΥΏ«»¿‘«««<

u like?

daviduk200 said:
i understand fine, i mean as easy as i find shooters on wii and how much i love em thats because im used to it, hell im even doin this on my wii. but in order to get the curser to bottom or top of screen iv got to point about a foot up or down. if you stick a laser pen to your remote you can tell its no pointin where u r actually pointing,

the best you can get it is if u r about 3 meters away from screen n sensor bar is in very good position,

p.s i love typing using wii because you get cool symbols (tell me if u can get them on pc aswell and how thnx)

>»»»◎☆○◇□△←→↑↓♪ζδλξφψΘΞΛΣΠΦΨΩΥΏ«»¿‘«««<

u like?
You can type them on computers too.
`¡™£¢∞§¶•ªº–≠œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπ“‘«åß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬…æΩ≈ç√∫˜µ≤≥÷`⁄€‹›fifl‡°·‚—±Œ„´‰ˇÁ¨ˆØ∏”’»ÅÍÎÏ˝ÓÔÒÚƸ˛Ç◊ı˜Â¯˘ΓΔΘΛΞΠΦΨαβδζεηθλξϑϒϖ➌④ÞðӜҜԈЉЋ̽͌͠طٶٲىٿڂקכן֩֡ぎずせグᄒㄝᡊᡍᡖ⿲⿻꒳꒰꓃꒽꒠รส¿

Kainan said:

This guy is on crack, my wiimote aims where i point it... the newb probably has the sensor at th ebottom of his screen or didnt bother checking the settings for sensor bar position in the options.

bubs said:
This guy is on crack, my wiimote aims where i point it... the newb probably has the sensor at th ebottom of his screen or didnt bother checking the settings for sensor bar position in the options.

1. Yes, I'm new to the Wii or I wouldn't be asking the question. Very intelligent of you to figure that one out. I bet you were great with your ABCs last year and building blocks too!!
2. Nope, not on crack but I'm assuming if I wanted some that you would be my contact after reading some of your posts.
3. Yes, I have a high enough intelligence to read the directions (mommy didnt' have to read them to me like someone else here... *cough... bubs :yikes: *)

For those of you who wish to actually help or give input of value here is what I can tell you.

I have the sensor bar on its stand and I even have the stand on top of some CD cases to raise it to the very bottom edge of the viewing portion of the TV. Part of the problem could be the size of my TV. I have a 55" HDTV. My point and question in the post was about the way the remote works. The pointing of the Wii remote does not work like a light source as I expected. Due to this Nintendo needs to have a calibration or something to help adjust for wherever someone puts the sensor bar AND the size of their TV. I just thought I would check this forum just in case someone with intelligence had any other ideas. Hmmmm...

Kainan said:
1. Yes, I'm new to the Wii or I wouldn't be asking the question. Very intelligent of you to figure that one out. I bet you were great with your ABCs last year and building blocks too!!
2. Nope, not on crack but I'm assuming if I wanted some that you would be my contact after reading some of your posts.
3. Yes, I have a high enough intelligence to read the directions (mommy didnt' have to read them to me like someone else here... *cough... bubs :yikes: *)

For those of you who wish to actually help or give input of value here is what I can tell you.

I have the sensor bar on its stand and I even have the stand on top of some CD cases to raise it to the very bottom edge of the viewing portion of the TV. Part of the problem could be the size of my TV. I have a 55" HDTV. My point and question in the post was about the way the remote works. The pointing of the Wii remote does not work like a light source as I expected. Due to this Nintendo needs to have a calibration or something to help adjust for wherever someone puts the sensor bar AND the size of their TV. I just thought I would check this forum just in case someone with intelligence had any other ideas. Hmmmm...
This is strange, I too have never had any problems with the pointer and in my opinion the Wiimote is very precise. My sensor has always been on top of the tv though, you might try yours on top. Also, it sounds like your syncing is off. Have you tried resyncing your remote with your Wii in settings with the two dots and everything? Once you get things right, there really is no reason to have to resort to rigging things up around the tv to make it work better. The Wii is much better than this.

why dont you make one that is long enuff there are lots of plans on google. or have a dark room and light to candles by the tv that works 2

Thanks for the input guys. I'll see if I can manage to get the sensor on top of the TV. I'm so surprised I'm having this much trouble. From 7' back I have to point the remote (both of them) a good foot too low if I were to measure with a light pen pointing at the TV. I did do the reset buttons with both remotes. One problem is that I have a big center channel speaker above my TV. This takes a stand to hold it up and brace it on the TV since the TV is pretty thin. Anyway, I might can fit it between the lip of the stand and the speaker. It is encouraging that you guys haven't had any problems. How big are your TVs? Just curious if it could have anything to do with it.

Mine is only 20", and is also a very thin lcd. I doubt the size has anything to do with it but is possible. If so, it would seem that a third party such as Nyko or something would have already thought to put a larger sensor bar on the market. Have you tried the syncing in Wii settings with the two dots that you move around on the tv screen? This makes things pretty precise.

Back