Anyone agree Metroid Prime series crushes Halo series ?

Macmutt

WiiChat Member
Jun 22, 2007
I'm one of of those that thinks Halo is way over rated, yeah i had Halo 1 & 2 and beat them both and they were really great shooters, but to me, no better than other FPS shooters out there.
I admit Halo set the foundation for all others but , when ya' think about it, the multiplayer is what everyone really loved and now those are a dime a dozen.
As for the single player campaign it was really good but not this in depth phenomenal master piece everyone hails it to be.
I thought Metroid Prime 1 & 2 were much deeper, involved and challenging games, both the single campaigns were longer then the Halo's and much more vast with lot's more areas to explore and items to collect, thats how i judge the quality of a good shooter by the single player campaign to see if it has the depth, challenge and vastness of the world surrounding you.
So while, unfortunately the majority of game fans are reserving their Halo 3's
i'll be reserving my Metroid 3.
What about you guy's ?

Well, the campain in metroid beats halo hands down. But the thing that makes Halo better is the amazingly fun multiplayer.

Metroid beats Halo's campaign by a fair bit, but Halo's multiplayer completely crushes Metroid. The sheer variety of game modes you can make and play makes it so great. Not only can you play the usual games, like CTF, Bomb, DM, TDM, etc, but you can also make other fun things like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dodge Ball, Hostage, Counterstrike, etc.

Metroid Got Owned By Halo A Loooong Time Ago... Halo: Combat Evolved Is A Platinum Hit.

Metroid, As Soon As Corruption Comes Out, Samus'll Be 20 Years Old! ^_^

But Only Three Games, Aside From Corruption, Have Been FPS's...
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
And Metroid Prime: Hunters.

And Only One Of Those has Been Online. Hunters. And That Was Nowhere Near As Huge As Halo Online.

And Halo 3 Is Gonna Be Epic. Epic To The Fullest Extent.

So, In My Eyes, Halo Crushes Metroid.

*puts on flameproof suit*

Last edited:
well, Halo is only like a 3 part series, well 2 part as of now...and its pretty big.....Metroid is pretty freaking sick...honestly i donno

Halo obviously. As someone who has played tons of FPS I can say that metroid makes a better side scroller, and I kind of wish they kept it that way. Its not bad, but Halo is pretty damn good. Then again some will like whatever nintendo produces, thats because they cant think for themselves.

Macmutt said:
I'm one of of those that thinks Halo is way over rated, yeah i had Halo 1 & 2 and beat them both and they were really great shooters, but to me, no better than other FPS shooters out there.
I admit Halo set the foundation for all others but , when ya' think about it, the multiplayer is what everyone really loved and now those are a dime a dozen.
As for the single player campaign it was really good but not this in depth phenomenal master piece everyone hails it to be.
I thought Metroid Prime 1 & 2 were much deeper, involved and challenging games, both the single campaigns were longer then the Halo's and much more vast with lot's more areas to explore and items to collect, thats how i judge the quality of a good shooter by the single player campaign to see if it has the depth, challenge and vastness of the world surrounding you.
So while, unfortunately the majority of game fans are reserving their Halo 3's
i'll be reserving my Metroid 3.
What about you guy's ?
youre completely stupid
if it wasnt for halo you wouldnt be playing metriod prime on the GC the way you were

Man, i love both games metroids multiplayer is decent and so is halo's. Halo is great multi player it lets you talk during the online games to friends and non-frieds but hey for me a games a game if its fun ill play it.

bigwilliiy said:
Man, i love both games metroids multiplayer is decent and so is halo's. Halo is great multi player it lets you talk during the online games to friends and non-frieds but hey for me a games a game if its fun ill play it.
:lol: halos multiplayer...decent?

Shiftfallout said:
Halo obviously. As someone who has played tons of FPS I can say that metroid makes a better side scroller, and I kind of wish they kept it that way. Its not bad, but Halo is pretty damn good. Then again some will like whatever nintendo produces, thats because they cant think for themselves.

Well that is not entirely true. Not everyone likes whatever nintendo makes, just don't use most of the people here on wiichat as an example. Many of them don't know nothing about anything. I am not trying to start stuff here, all I am saying is im not one of those people who like everything nintendo makes.

I've never played metroid 1 or 2, I want to try 3 really bad.
I've only played the halo games, so I guess I can't make a good choice considering I haven't played metroid, but right now I would say halo is better.

haha seriously, Halo set the course of online fps multiplayer on consoles. If you people keep trying to compare metriod to halo you are going to fail. Dont even try to do it. Its not worth it. You can like Metroid, but once you start attacking the top online fps franchise, you are going to ruin it.

CantGetAWii said:
Well that is not entirely true. Not everyone likes whatever nintendo makes, just don't use most of the people here on wiichat as an example. Many of them don't know nothing about anything. I am not trying to start stuff here, all I am saying is im not one of those people who like everything nintendo makes.

I've never played metroid 1 or 2, I want to try 3 really bad.
I've only played the halo games, so I guess I can't make a good choice considering I haven't played metroid, but right now I would say halo is better.

I was generalizing a bit I admit. You are right on that, but even though I am here, I cant help but notice some really dumb stuff being said. Perhaps I should go somewhere else, but for some reason I like it here.

The first metroids was perhaps the most amazing side scroller in nintendo history, even better than mario. Mario is a classic, but metroid really defined the side scroller in nintendo's history. The next version of metroid, going 3D really took a step back in my opinion. It felt, very linear to me and dry. Thats what happens when they cannot convert a 2D game to a 3D game faithfully. In that case, the franchise is dead and a new version is out seperate from what made it good to begin with.

Last edited:
Back