Anyone agree Metroid Prime series crushes Halo series ?

zachp18 said:
Well, the campain in metroid beats halo hands down. But the thing that makes Halo better is the amazingly fun multiplayer.

..."amazingly fun multiplayer?
"DUDE I SHOT HIM!"
"NO WAY! SAME LOLOMFG!"

I think Halo was just lucky. If the first Halo was released now, people would see it as just another FPS. Then again, there would have to be another FPS to get developers thinking that all people wanted were FPS'.

vagrant said:
Metroid prime series crushes Halo series in regards to?...Asians who prefer it?

Because definitely not in current popularity or sales.

Wow, that was extremely unnecessary. I wouldn't pull crap like that again.

Last edited:
i like metroid waay better, but playing halo online has it's plus'. but then again, that's why my avatar is samus and not master cheif!

Sovieto said:
youre completely stupid
if it wasnt for halo you wouldnt be playing metriod prime on the GC the way you were

hats with this guy? is he always this rude? Everywhere i go Sovieto is falming someone. :wtf:

My god the Wii owns... said:
..."amazingly fun multiplayer?
"DUDE I SHOT HIM!"
"NO WAY! SAME LOLOMFG!"

I think Halo was just lucky. If the first Halo was released now, people would see it as just another FPS. Then again, there would have to be another FPS to get developers thinking that all people wanted were FPS'.

Wow, that was extremely unnecessary. I wouldn't pull crap like that again.

Hitting the sauce a bit early today? How was that in anyway unecessary...?
And Sovieto I'm pretty sure Goldeneye blew up console FPS.

Goldeneye was good but halo completely revolutionised the fps on the last generation of consoles. No other fps came close and that is basically the only kind of games that I play. The only other game that I found came close to the fun factor on halo's multiplayer was Battlefield 2 which was also incredible. In terms of campaign modes between Metroid and Halo, who cares? fps games are so popular because of their multiplayer capabilities.

hogstralia said:
Goldeneye was good but halo completely revolutionised the fps on the last generation of consoles. No other fps came close and that is basically the only kind of games that I play. The only other game that I found came close to the fun factor on halo's multiplayer was Battlefield 2 which was also incredible. In terms of campaign modes between Metroid and Halo, who cares? fps games are so popular because of their multiplayer capabilities.

Not necessarily console, but TFC and CS made halo look like a joke.

I played metroid prime 2, and I thought it was a bit meh.
I have played halo and halo 2, and they are incredibly meh.
Anyone who says halo redefined shooters is an idiot.
If anyone would like to pm what halo did that was so groundbreaking, I would be much obliged, as it just seems to be another generic space shooter, but because it is the best generic space shooter on consoles everyone loves it. Its like the little bit of sweetcorn in a turd. It is still part of a turd.

i love nintendo, but atm halo has nore to offer them Metroid....they need to expand it more with online and more interactive...because it kinda gets lonely when i have to fight off Ing all by me self.... :(

Metroid all the way. Not because it's good, but because Halo is crap. If you ask me, Microsh*t ruined it when they took it over to make it an Xbox exclusive. The game would have been disgustingly awesome, if it was any like the version before that ( 2000+2001 ) . Well, sadly, Microsoft turned it into a way overrated hyped game. I don't like it.

Secumfex said:
Metroid all the way. Not because it's good, but because Halo is crap. If you ask me, Microsh*t ruined it when they took it over to make it an Xbox exclusive. The game would have been disgustingly awesome, if it was any like the version before that ( 2000+2001 ) . Well, sadly, Microsoft turned it into a way overrated hyped game. I don't like it.

If it was just an overrated hyped game...then why was the first and second game huge hits...and the third game about to be a huge hit? Sounds like success to me.

a funny note though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(video_game_series)

notice anything strange about that wiki page?

i have an idea, post the same thread in an xbox forum and see what you get for responses. posting in a wii forum kinda gives whatever results you are looking for some bias, so even better than posting in an xbox forum, post in a sony forum and see what you get, i personally have not played metroid, but i do know that halo online is most likely the best online multiplayer on a console, and i agree with most people here on that the campaign is lacking, so there you go.

Metroid is awsome. I have Metroid Prime 2 and I really liked it. My friend told me that Metroid Prime 1 was MUCH better, but I still like 2.

Metroid Prime 3 looks really fun, and i might get it.

Halo has terrible 1-player, and I play 1-player a lot, and I will not get a game that has terrible 1-player like halo.

Metroid Prime 3 will be better than Halo 3

Nfanboy said:
Metroid is awsome. I have Metroid Prime 2 and I really liked it. My friend told me that Metroid Prime 1 was MUCH better, but I still like 2.

Metroid Prime 3 looks really fun, and i might get it.

Halo has terrible 1-player, and I play 1-player a lot, and I will not get a game that has terrible 1-player like halo.

Metroid Prime 3 will be better than Halo 3

Then you really aren't one to compare the two. Since the Halo franchise is geared towards online play.

Back