Anyone else feel the same?

neutron2k

WiiChat Member
Feb 18, 2007
Southampton
Wii Online Code
3483-8834-3884-9817
afternoon all!

Finally got me hands on a WII last wed and have been playing zelda and its great! remains true to the on going, 20 year legacy.

However, does anyone else feel that the sword play could of been a bit better in regards to the WII remote? I.e. actually detecting the direction your swinging?

Only a minor niggle :)

yea i know what you mean. the sword movement is not a one-on-one movement but remember it was a launch game. things will get better in the future.

Agreed, but for the most part zelda had pretty easy going controls, i just started playing it and controlling the wolf is easy BUT if you use the B button for the range bit it sometimes doesnt respond to the monsters in the field. Anyone else notice that?

That's the only problem in Zelda that I have come across...the sword motion. Let's say you swing top to botom, the sword will move to the side. The controls for attacking while being a wolf were even worse.

it was made for gc so i dont think they really cared at that point just wanted to get it out and start on the new one which i hope is better with the sword play

i could care less the direction of sword movement. im used to the sword swinging to the side on its own anyway, i wouldnt want that to be one more thing i have to control in the game.

I don't think this is a port of the GC Version I think it's completely from the ground up redeveloped for the wii.

And who cares if it doesnt swing thew ay you swing it, sure that'd be cool but it doesnt make the game harder really, the wolfs attacks were easy for me except when you use the B button to attack them all at once
it sometimes doesn't respond, overall good controls so far tho

I think the B button attack with Mida is very helpful. As a matter of fact, you need to use it when fighting Twilight creatures.

as i said just a minor niggle to me :) stil a great game. have yet to come across a bad zelda :)

Sytek said:
I don't think this is a port of the GC Version I think it's completely from the ground up redeveloped for the wii.

And who cares if it doesnt swing thew ay you swing it, sure that'd be cool but it doesnt make the game harder really, the wolfs attacks were easy for me except when you use the B button to attack them all at once
it sometimes doesn't respond, overall good controls so far tho

It is a port of the GC, only thing different is east/west, handedness, and motion control. Oh camera system.

B works good for me

If anyone read the NP interviews with director, he didn't want motion control at all but put it in last minute b/c of audience hype. Be glad its the way it is. If you want buttons, get a ps3. Btw, say same thing to you RS haters out there.

Nintendocam said:
If it detected motion for sword play, that'd be one heck of a helm-splitter. :lol:

loool hell yea.
This is the best Zelda ive come accross since majoras mask.
The Wind Waker cant even qualify as a Zelda really so i will pretend Nnintendo never made it

Not sure if it's just me, but the Nunchuk usually as problems detecting if Link did a Sheild Bash or a Spin Attack.

Back