Anyone else had this bug?

alwbsok

WiiChat Member
Oct 21, 2007
On all my NES virtual console titles (none else), on both my Wiimotes, the 1 button is always pressed, even if it isn't physically. I've tried both the a sega game and a turbo grafx game, and neither have the problem. I can't seem to find anyone else who's experiencing the same problem. Anyone here had this bug with the NES emulation?

only on nes vc titles? that's odd.. maybe there something wrong with the games man.. try el-zilchos tip.. if it still won't work maybe compatibility is an issue here or there's a defect with your wii.. hopefully not.. :crazy:

Are you pressing it when you start the NES game? Cause it could be like an analogue stick which screws up if your holding it in a direction when you start a game. Although i doubt it. Have you thrown your wiimote lately?

alwbsok said:
On all my NES virtual console titles (none else), on both my Wiimotes, the 1 button is always pressed, even if it isn't physically. I've tried both the a sega game and a turbo grafx game, and neither have the problem. I can't seem to find anyone else who's experiencing the same problem. Anyone here had this bug with the NES emulation?

Try borrowing someone elses remote. Although the chances are very slim that BOTH of your current wiimotes are broken, try someone elses anyway.

Firstly, thanks for showing some interest guys!

I don't have access to a third Wiimote, but I've tried the others, changing them around, restarting the console, taking out the batteries of the wiimotes, taking the power plug from the console (after it was shut off), and just now, I reinstalled a NES title. It seems unlikely that it would be both my Wiimotes, or all of the five NES titles I tried. It seems especially unlikely to be controller problem because not only is the problem isolated to the virtual console, it only affects NES games.

maybe your forgetting to let go of the 1 button and are resting your thumb on it ,lol. just kidding.
Have you tried hooking up a gamecube controller or classic controller? because it sounds like it's your remotes problem, and have does it keep the 1 button in constantly when you play wii games?

krisv2010 said:
maybe your forgetting to let go of the 1 button and are resting your thumb on it ,lol. just kidding.
Have you tried hooking up a gamecube controller or classic controller? because it sounds like it's your remotes problem, and have does it keep the 1 button in constantly when you play wii games?

Thank you! After your post reminded me about the Gamecube controllers, I figured out the problem! My gamecube controllers were all piled up while still connected to the Wii. One of the buttons was obviously being pressed. After a bit of shifting, the problem stopped immediately.

alwbsok said:
Thank you! After your post reminded me about the Gamecube controllers, I figured out the problem! My gamecube controllers were all piled up while still connected to the Wii. One of the buttons was obviously being pressed. After a bit of shifting, the problem stopped immediately.
haha nice problem solving

Back