Anyone else hoping for future improvements?

Termina

WiiChat Member
Dec 18, 2007
I got a Wii a while back, and love it. However, there are some things that really bother me about it. I was wondering if anyone felt the same way, or thought these things might eventually be fixed?

1. Unable to back up downloaded games to SD card. If my Wii were to fail, can I get my points back? Or does the $60+ I've spent go out the window? I've bought quite a bit on the VirtualConsole, and can see a day when I don't have any space left on my Wii. Using SD cards sure would be nice... seems like the SD slot on the Wii is useless except for Photo Channel. (I do understand that Nintendo doesn't want people 'sharing' games, but a better solution seems to be signing each download.)

2. When I copy save games to my SD card, they are not synced as I progress. Fair enough. But if I try to copy them again, I'm told it's already on there... so I have to manually delete and then copy the save file to SD. Seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to check to see if the file has changed, and have an option asking to overwrite. Or, hell, allow multiple saved games on there. Not like the game can play saves off of the SD card. :/

3. Unable to have Internet Channel use my SD card for temporary files. 5MB is pretty small, especially when you're doing a lot of flash stuff. That I can't increase the space used for temporary files, or take it off my wii's drive is irritating. Watching long flash videos is impossible (after a certain point, it stops playing). I really wish Opera on the Wii was as customizable as the normal version.

4. GameCube in general. GameCube memory card? WTF? Having a slot to copy files from (or optionally use) makes sense, but being forced to use it to save your games is insane. Not being able to use the Classic controller for GameCube games is also ridiculous.

5. Online play. I wonder if Nintendo will ever have a central server for the Wii, and ditch the friend-code crap?

Termina said:
I got a Wii a while back, and love it. However, there are some things that really bother me about it. I was wondering if anyone felt the same way, or thought these things might eventually be fixed?

1. Unable to back up downloaded games to SD card. If my Wii were to fail, can I get my points back? Or does the $60+ I've spent go out the window? I've bought quite a bit on the VirtualConsole, and can see a day when I don't have any space left on my Wii. Using SD cards sure would be nice... seems like the SD slot on the Wii is useless except for Photo Channel. (I do understand that Nintendo doesn't want people 'sharing' games, but a better solution seems to be signing each download.)

2. When I copy save games to my SD card, they are not synced as I progress. Fair enough. But if I try to copy them again, I'm told it's already on there... so I have to manually delete and then copy the save file to SD. Seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to check to see if the file has changed, and have an option asking to overwrite. Or, hell, allow multiple saved games on there. Not like the game can play saves off of the SD card. :/

3. Unable to have Internet Channel use my SD card for temporary files. 5MB is pretty small, especially when you're doing a lot of flash stuff. That I can't increase the space used for temporary files, or take it off my wii's drive is irritating. Watching long flash videos is impossible (after a certain point, it stops playing). I really wish Opera on the Wii was as customizable as the normal version.

4. GameCube in general. GameCube memory card? WTF? Having a slot to copy files from (or optionally use) makes sense, but being forced to use it to save your games is insane. Not being able to use the Classic controller for GameCube games is also ridiculous.

5. Online play. I wonder if Nintendo will ever have a central server for the Wii, and ditch the friend-code crap?

Most of you issues with the wii can be solved with a external hardrive. i hope someone or Nintendo makes one.

They make external drives that are small, cheap and can be bought just about anywhere. The Wii even has a place to put them internally where they don't take up extra room.

They're called SD cards. xD

Termina said:
They make external drives that are small, cheap and can be bought just about anywhere. The Wii even has a place to put them internally where they don't take up extra room.

They're called SD cards. xD
I hope you don't mean that seriously. The SD card has such limited use that the only thing its good for is pictures. There is no honest point in putting any game saves or anything on it, becaue the card cant do anything with it.

wombateer said:
Space Hard Drive Space! Come On Nintendo Sort It! I Cant Down Load More Vc Games Without Deleting!

YES! And that requires the use of an actual hard drive, not just a memory card.

Future Improvements that I'm Looking Forward to:

-Hard Drive/USB Flash Memory compatibility.
-Ability to play VC games straight from an SD card (and on other Wiis).
-An MP3 supported MUSIC CHANNEL (WITH TRIPPY SCREEN VISUALS).
-Downloadable Demos and Flash Games from the VC.
-A newer version of Flash on the Internet Channel.
-More/Better online play.
-Some kickass First Person Shooters.
-Customization of how the Wii Menu looks (colors, fonts).
-Syncing of the Wii and DS.
-More options for creating and editing Miis.
-Tons of different/new channels.
-Some games with HEAD TRACKING!!!

This is all I can think of right now. I don't ask for much...just the basics, ya know? :smilewinkgrin:

Back