Anyone Else Psyched For RE:Umbrella Chronicles

CstylesX

Cstyles
Dec 18, 2006
Ontario
Wii Online Code
7386-4503-0880-0194
Hey all,

After hearing that Capcom was making a Wii-make of RE4 I was semi excited. Then I read that they were also making a completely new from the ground up game called RE: Umbrella Chronicles, which would explain the fall of Umbrella Corps. which would also be an on rails shooter. Ok cool, i wasn't too excited about it until I saw this trailer for it...I swear it will make any Wii owner (who isn't scared of blood and zombies) jump for joy.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/827/827187/vids_1.html

Post and let me know if you guys are as amped as I am for this.:thumbsup:

I love the idea for it. I've always had a soft spot for on-rails shooters.

Although I don't like Jill's new voice.

With all the Resident Evil's coming out for the Wii, it's making me want to not even bother with the Afghanistan based Resident Evil 5 (I heard it was based in Afghanistan, not sure if that's still the case). Even then, with the PS2 still producing games, and beating PS3's sales, there could potentially be a PS2 version, which means it's portable to the Wii...

But, I'm really excited for both Resident Evil 4 (Wii) and Umbrella Chronicles.

that would be fun, but id prefer a normal shooter, exploring ect. thats what i love about the resident evils. the exploration, especially resident evil 1.
i notice that its the same mansion as the original. is this true.
and also is it a on-rail sooter right through?

hot_chili said:
that would be fun, but id prefer a normal shooter, exploring ect. thats what i love about the resident evils. the exploration, especially resident evil 1.
i notice that its the same mansion as the original. is this true.
and also is it a on-rail sooter right through?
There's mulitiple levels. The level demoed was the mansion from the first game. Then there's Billy/Rebecca's section and Leon/Claires section, Jill/Carlos' section and possibly Claire/Chris (or steve's) section.

It's basically a case of looking at how the Umbrella Corporation rises and falls.

Actually they may make Umbrella Chronicles Online multiplayer. Capcom made it clear they will be making Resident Evil Outbreak 3. Maybe this is it? The theme in the past 2 Outbreak games was replaying old stages in the RE series.

i hope its not all on-rail.
it will be like playing one of the shooting games in the arcade.
thats my favorite thing about RE, free roam, unlocking things and using my mind. not just shooting.

Umm i was really pissed when I found out it was a rail-shooter. REALLY PISSED.

I also do not plan on buying RE4 for Wii. We want new games, not more ports.

yea im not to happy its on rail, but as long as its not all on-rail.

and yea whats with bringing out old games. RE4 is gone.
although the wii one is upgraded somewhat, theres no point.

For $30.00 RE4 wii edition will be a great buy for those who have not played it on GC.

Chronicles will prob be a rent first buy if like like most games.

Back