Anyone else UFC fans?

ImageFX

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
7272-1660-6088-7760
I've been watching the UFC since the beginning when you could only rent it in the movie store. It was also not organized the way it is today. There were no weight classes and everything was a mess.
Now it's a lot better since the Prez Dana White took over.

Anyways, I'm a hardcore fan of the UFC and have been since the beginning. Anyone else fans?

I'm definately a fan.

Andre Arlovski is probably my favorite fighter. Although, it was fun to watch Tito get spanked yet AGAIN a few weeks ago.

I like Arlovski, but he's not my fav. I definitely like the fangs though! I would say my top fav would have to be BJ Penn even though he lost to Matt Hughes. But if you go to the post fight interviews, BJ Penn in the 3rd round said he though he broke his ribs because he wasn't breathing good and he couldn't defend himself. He said that when he tried to lift his arm he couldn't without it hurting. The same with his legs. Thats why he got hit so much in the 3rd round by a non striker.

ImageFX said:
I like Arlovski, but he's not my fav. I definitely like the fangs though! I would say my top fav would have to be BJ Penn even though he lost to Matt Hughes. But if you go to the post fight interviews, BJ Penn in the 3rd round said he though he broke his ribs because he wasn't breathing good and he couldn't defend himself. He said that when he tried to lift his arm he couldn't without it hurting. The same with his legs. Thats why he got hit so much in the 3rd round by a non striker.

Yea, I saw that fight. Honestly I thought Hughes was going to take it from the beginning. I do like BJ Penn though.

Either way, I think 2007 is going to be an exciting year.

Welter Weight:
Champ: George St. Pierre
Contenders: Diego Sanchez, Matt Serra.
Runners Up: Matt Hughes, BJ Penn

Middle Weight:
Champ: Anderson Silva
Conterders: Mike Swick, Travis Lutter
Runners Up: Rich Franklin

Light HeavyWeights:
Champ: Chuck Liddel
Contenders: Keith Jardine and that "Rampage" guy
Runners Up: Not really any at the moment

HeavyWeights:
Champ: Tim Sylvia
Conterders: Brandon Vera
Runners Up: Andre Arlovski

UFC is cool. They do brazilian ju jitsu at my gym and the teacher is one of the baddest people I've ever met. Very humble until you piss him off.

favorite fighters. Matt Sera, GSP!, Anderson Silva, and Deigo Sanchez.

2007 is gonna be great.

does anyone train? cause i hope im not the only jr ufc trainee that plays wii ahhahha.

did anyone watch the fight between Matt Sera and Chris Lyttle? haha that round knock out was amazing.

GreenBean713 said:
favorite fighters. Matt Sera, GSP!, Anderson Silva, and Deigo Sanchez.

2007 is gonna be great.

does anyone train? cause i hope im not the only jr ufc trainee that plays wii ahhahha.

did anyone watch the fight between Matt Sera and Chris Lyttle? haha that round knock out was amazing.

3 of your fav fighters are in the welter weight class. Silva is in the middle weight class. Just wanted to point that out.

Also, the Matt Serra and Chris Lytle fight went the full 3 rounds with Matt Serra winning a split decision. I think the fight you are referring to is the Scott Smith and Pete Sell fight. When Pete Sell hit Scott smith in the ribs with a body shot and then Pete charged in and Scott popped him in the chin and knocked Pete out.

haha yeah i know. its ironic. but i love GSP cause hes such a good fighter. Diego is just amazing when he fights.

Silva just makes me in awe. in his first fight in the UFC i was like wow. hes gonna be big.

anyone like matt hughs?

and probally. i was thinkin it was sera and lytle cause i have a pic with sera in a camo pants, and scott was in camo i think. haha soo yeahh. but still that was a good fight. Smith is a good fighter and so is Sell. im glad they both got 6 number contract.

anyone excited that couture is coming back?

ImageFX said:
I think the fight you are referring to is the Scott Smith and Pete Sell fight. When Pete Sell hit Scott smith in the ribs with a body shot and then Pete charged in and Scott popped him in the chin and knocked Pete out.

That fight was rockin :cornut:

GreenBean713 said:
Smith is a good fighter and so is Sell. im glad they both got 6 number contract.

anyone excited that couture is coming back?

I hate to keep correcting you, but Scott Smith and Pete Sell both don't have a 6 figure contract. Matt Serra and Chris Lytle were the ones figthing for a shot at the title. Scott Smith and both Pete Sell lost in The Ultimate Fighter 4. They were just givin the chance to fight in one of the Ultimate Fight Nights. The same night when Matt Serra and Chris Lytle were fighting for the title.

And yes, I'm very excited to see Randy Coutour come back and fight Tim Sylvia for the HeavyWeight Title.

smith and sell were part of the TUF. and it decided who was the ultimate fighter. and since smith won he got the contract. but since dana loved the fight and it showed what the ufc was actually about they both got a contract.

unless im mistaking the fight cause i know at some point two fighters both got a contract because of the fight.

do you think randy got a chance?

haha srry if i misspell things im either at work or at school when i post.

GreenBean713 said:
smith and sell were part of the TUF. and it decided who was the ultimate fighter. and since smith won he got the contract. but since dana loved the fight and it showed what the ufc was actually about they both got a contract.

unless im mistaking the fight cause i know at some point two fighters both got a contract because of the fight.

do you think randy got a chance?

haha srry if i misspell things im either at work or at school when i post.

Smith and Sell both lost during their time on TUF 5. A lot of guys where fighting from TUF 5 on that Ultimate Fight Night. The main 2 fights where Matt Serra vs. Chris Lytle and Patrick Cote vs. Travis Lutter. In that TUF 5 they weren't fighting for a contract but a title shot.

Yes, I think randy will win.

smith and sell were on TUF 4.

smith and sell were fighting for the ultimate fighter. smith won cause he knocked out sell. and he got the contract because he won.

and i was mistake it was in TUF 3 when dana presented two contracts to kendall grove and ed herman.

GreenBean713 said:
smith and sell were on TUF 4.

smith and sell were fighting for the ultimate fighter. smith won cause he knocked out sell. and he got the contract because he won.

and i was mistake it was in TUF 3 when dana presented two contracts to kendall grove and ed herman.

They were on TUF 4: The Comeback. They have already been in the UFC, so they were getting a second chance by being on the show. Smith and Sell were not fighting for anything. They both lost during the show! That whole fight night had most of the guys from the show fighting on it. The 4 people that were going for the title shot (not money) were Matt Serra vs. Chris Lytle and Travis Lutter vs. Patrick Cote. Matt Serra won and Travis Lutter won. Matt Serra is now fighting George St. Pierre for the Welterweight Belt and Travis Lutter is fighting Anderson Silva for the Middleweight belt.

There was no 6 figure contract because whoever won got a title shot against the belt holder.

Yes, on TUF 3, both Kendall Groove and Ed Herman were awarded a 6 figure contract.

Back