Anyone else waiting in/outside of a store?

that website can't be real i work at gamstop and it says our store is getting twenty four when i know we are only getting 18 and they are all reservations

siksol said:
Yeah, I just got off the phone with my 24/7 Wal-mart and they are doing a midnight release... so i fig ill be there to get in line about 5 pm on saturday? sound good?

seems a bit excessive. how many people local do you think know about the midnight launch and will actually be there.

I wouldn't trust that locater site. I was talking to the manager at my Local Best Buy, and he told me they were getting 120. And it wouldn't make sense for a huge city to have the same inventory as a smaller one.

vagrant said:
seems a bit excessive. how many people local do you think know about the midnight launch and will actually be there.

Considering people camped out overnight to get Preorders, I don't see why people getting in line early for Midnight launches is hard to believe.

I have one of those huge Walmart supercenters, and last year the 360 line went from Electronics (back of the store) to the front of the store, and started at 8am.

It's never too early.

the_peripheral said:
here we go...just put in your zip code...the first few things your'e going to see are ebay auction things, just scroll down and it will show every store in your area and show you how many wiis they're getting.

PS3Seeker - Your Nintendo WII Agent

Well, the Target number is the same as the one on that leaked Target inventory site.

But I somehow doubt EVERY Wal-Mart/Best Buy in my area are all getting the same number.

However, I'd be happy if my Wal Mart was stocking 53 of them.

*Edit*

Looking at it, Target is the only one with varying numbers per-store, and they match the Target inventory site. So I think this locater took those numbers, and then guessed for the others.

vagrant said:

We'll I live in a moderately sized town, not a very weathly town for that matter either. So it could be a bit excessive. Then again though. I would really really hate to miss out on gettin one. Better safe than sorry. I'll prob just keep stopping by to check the line, and if ppl start to show up ill stay.

I am heading over to my local wal-mart which is getting around 50-60 consoles and hopefully be one of the first in line.

Imma head over around 11am with iPod and DS Lite in hand. Oh and some cash for the subway inside.

Cyan Winters said:
But I somehow doubt EVERY Wal-Mart/Best Buy in my area are all getting the same number.

However, I'd be happy if my Wal Mart was stocking 53 of them.

*Edit*

Looking at it, Target is the only one with varying numbers per-store, and they match the Target inventory site. So I think this locater took those numbers, and then guessed for the others.

hey!!! i live in Dallas and it says all the walmarts are gettin 53 here too. makes me doubt it.:confused:

vagrant said:

I was gonna go get in line at 4Pm do you think that is too early? I just want to make sure I get one. I know that last year the earliest person that was waiting for the 360 was some little 7 year old that got there at 2Pm.

well, i talked to one of the managers over at walmart, and i dont know if every other walmart is gonna do this but they told me that ppl that are gonna wait for a wii till midnight CANNOT be in the store but that they have to be outside waiting. and they will let us in at 12:01 and start selling the wiis. so i should bring sweaters and stuff like that cause its cold over here. ill bring my DS to make time go by fast.

im probly gonna go around 4 or 5 am to get in line walmart opens at 7, do u think i'll b able to get one? i live in a town of about 10000-12000 people, but we r like 10 minutes from the capital city of my province, edmonton... im thinking i'll b able to get one, cuz people will all rush to edmonton... i just hopei dont miss it, think i should camp overnight?

Toys R Us in Australia are doing a Midnight Launch.
Ill be there just b4 midnight on the 6th dec, then a 12:01 they open the doors to pick up the Wii and my Games, OH YEAH :D

Back