Anyone else worried?

Godlike

WiiChat Member
Nov 14, 2006
So i pre orderd form Virgin a couple of weeks ago (got zelda and Red Steel)

But i've been hearing about first come first serve rule thing.

so is anyone worried about getting to the shop maybe a couple of hours late and finding out that they havn't actually kept your pre order like they should've done.

At the shop I pre-oredered at (Playtime Video Games, Leeds) I got put in the first batch, but they can only retain it for 72 hours. So as long as I'm there within 3 days of release it's mine for sure. I know the guy in the store and he's opening at 6am so I can get mine.

I'm pretty sure if you placed a deposit on the console then they have to retain it for 72 hours. Think it's a legal requirement.

Leeds, are you serious? As in UK Leeds?

Anyway 72 hours is good. I can pick it up after college.

I'm from leeds aswell !!! man didn't except to sign up and find someone from my area. Sweet man.

to me, the scenario you depict sounds very irresponsible if it were to happen. gamestores that sell pre-orders always have a limit they are aware of before they even start selling, I know that if I was robbed of my preorder, especially since its all paid up, I will be pissed. I also dont think that a store would hold onto someones money for as long as a month and a half and give it back to them, exact change and all when they dont have as many as they should.

I placed my order at EB in Brisbane (Australia). They only hold it for 48 hours before selling it to someone else and you waiting for the next batch. I wont be able to get there until 3 days after launch :( - got to travel 1300km just to pick it (Brisbane IS my closet EB store). Asked them if they could hold it till the Saturday morning (released on Thurs 7th Dec) but they said no.

Going to have to get my brother to pick it for me.

Last edited:
Back