Anyone going Wii Camping?

It will depend. I'll wake up maybe 5 hours early and go check out the store. If there's anyone, i'll get in line. If there's noone, i'll just check hourly, and half-hourly when the time gets close to opening. Just my local Best Buy 5 minutes down the street :D

Akaymay said:
I wonder, should I just pre-order in the US as soon as possible at Gamestop, or should I just go to walmart at like 5 PM on the 18th and just wait till 12?

OR should I pre-order and then camp out to make sure I am the first to get the pre-order, but then again, I'm not sure if Gamespot will stay open for 24 hours for the Wii release.

EDIT: Oh, and dbinder1987, dont bother going 2 days earlier, I was the first person in South Jersey to get a DS for camping out at Wal-mart, and I got there around 6 PM the day before it came out, and just waited the whole 6 hours, and way way in the front of the line, the first people.

That is exactly what I'm pondering myself. Here in Columbus Nebraska the GameStop is right next to the Wal-Mart. I want to pre-order one at GameStop, but then I would have to wait until they open... If I just went to Wal-Mart at 11, I could get one at 12, and play all morning, but then I wouldn't be guarenteed one. I think what I'm going to do is pre order Red Steel and Wii Play at GameStop, and buy the Wii at Walmart and play Wii Sports all morning. I don't know.

hmm

so 6 hours before the ds launch you got a good spot in line. Anyone camp out for the 360? what time did you show up and how long was the line if you did? Thing is the ds is a handheld, and i think there will be more a a demand for the wii. Myabee ill just get there early saturday like 12 ish. thing is my walmart isnt 24 hour so i have to check if there doing a midnight launch.

Yeah... It's Open 24 hr.

Just Go To The Camping Department And Sleep In A Tent Or Sleeping Bag!!!

dbinder1987 said:
so 6 hours before the ds launch you got a good spot in line. Anyone camp out for the 360? what time did you show up and how long was the line if you did? Thing is the ds is a handheld, and i think there will be more a a demand for the wii. Myabee ill just get there early saturday like 12 ish. thing is my walmart isnt 24 hour so i have to check if there doing a midnight launch.

And not to mention that DS wasn't a major launch, so they only had like 20.

Wii is a huge launch for Nintendo, so they'll carry like a hundred.

A big up for Wal-mart is the fact that only old people shop there, so they wont want to wait, so you'll almost be guaranteed a line at least near the front.

antimatter said:
That is exactly what I'm pondering myself. Here in Columbus Nebraska the GameStop is right next to the Wal-Mart. I want to pre-order one at GameStop, but then I would have to wait until they open... If I just went to Wal-Mart at 11, I could get one at 12, and play all morning, but then I wouldn't be guarenteed one. I think what I'm going to do is pre order Red Steel and Wii Play at GameStop, and buy the Wii at Walmart and play Wii Sports all morning. I don't know.

Wanna know something weird, I was just talking to my friend about this. I have already Pre-ordered Zelda: TP and And Red Steel at Gamestop, so I said that I'll have to get it at Wal-mart and just play Wii Sports all night and wait at Gamestop in the morning for my games.

EDIT: Ah, I have just found a quote from Gamespot from the September 14th conference:

And possibly the best news of all: The company plans to ship about 4 million Wii units worldwide by the end of the year, with the majority of the shipment going to North America.

I dont know if this is good or bad, is 4 million enough for all the stores around the world? Even though US is getting the most? Seems a little "eh..." to me

Last edited:
Akaymay said:
I wonder, should I just pre-order in the US as soon as possible at Gamestop, or should I just go to walmart at like 5 PM on the 18th and just wait till 12?

OR should I pre-order and then camp out to make sure I am the first to get the pre-order, but then again, I'm not sure if Gamespot will stay open for 24 hours for the Wii release.

EDIT: Oh, and dbinder1987, dont bother going 2 days earlier, I was the first person in South Jersey to get a DS for camping out at Wal-mart, and I got there around 6 PM the day before it came out, and just waited the whole 6 hours, and way way in the front of the line, the first people.

w00t finally someone from Jersey, altho im in central jersey, not south:yesnod:

can anyone tell me what red steel is?

Akaymay said:
I dont know if this is good or bad, is 4 million enough for all the stores around the world? Even though US is getting the most? Seems a little "eh..." to me
DAMN!! that means over 2 mil units in USA!! w00t

Not Wal-Mart!!!

Look I don't mean to be political or Idealogical or offensive but I have to stand up for what I believe in. You can't buy the Wii at Wal-Mart, Nintendo has always had standards always been kind, Wal-mart doesn't care at all. They are big overbearing troll of a store chain whose only purpose is to make money, they purposely put local businesses out of business for their own benefit, they buy from manufacturers who produce in third world countries for dirt cheap. by buying the wii at wal-mart you are supporting a large uber-capitalistic ogre. try ebgames or gamestop, admittingly these corporations are only slightly better but they are better. Better yet look for a local business that sells the wii. Think globally but act locally. support your local businesses first and then fall back on corporations when locals don't have what you want. Like, I don't think many of us have small game system manufacturers near us, so nintendo, sony and microsoft give us what we want (like the wii). Wal-mart is often convenient, but we're not talking about something that needs to be convenient, we're talking about something we're willing to stand in line for, so stand in line for it at your local gamestore and support your local economy.

Back